The Student Room Group
Search it on google or something nobody is going to give u a specific answer.

We're not your mum
Reply 2
Ok! I was only asking for a bit of advice!
No need to be so harsh about it!
I thought maybe someone would have studied it - obviously not you lmaoo
Reply 3
Original post by vettel92
I have thought of a question for my extended project ..
'Why in Industrialised countries, is Religion not as important as in Asia?'
I need help as to whether you think its a good question, how I can expand on it. If you know any websites, books, articles that are relevant I would be very very grateful :smile:

Thanks

I have no idea where to start with books, although if you live in a university town, utilise their resources. Do you have a supervisor in school? If your school offers Sociology, then the Sociology teacher might be your best starting point. As could an RS teacher (obviously)

It's a superb question - you might want to look at the role of the family, the role of post-modernity in the West compared to that of the Asian country you're utilising for your study. (I'd recommend you only use one maybe two to avoid generalisations). You could also look at the economic reasons for community and how religion might strengthen such communities. You could also look at death rites and how in countries where the mortality rate is high (especially in infancy) the need for an afterlife appears greater.

Be very VERY careful about generalisations such as "industrialised countries" or "Asia". You should also consider what you mean by "religion" - do you mean organised religion (i.e. Hinduism, Sikhism, Christianity, Islam etc) or do you mean "spirituality"? Either way, ensure you define your terms and stick to your definitions throughout.

All the best,

Clareicles
Reply 4
Thankyou very much Claireicles :smile:
That has helped a lot!

Vettel92 :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by vettel92
Thankyou very much Claireicles :smile:
That has helped a lot!

Vettel92 :biggrin:

No worries - pleasure to help - sounds really interested. Slightly jealous actually!
It sounds really good but I the question could be slightly better worded. The problem is with the difference between industrialised countries and Asia - some countries in Asia are fairly industrialised (Japan, China etc). Maybe you'd want to change "industrialised countries" to "Western countries".
Hope it goes well!
Reply 7
Ok thankyou for your idea - i will take a look at my question :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending