The Student Room Group

Eduqas religious studies a level 2023

Hows everyone feeling for the exam? Any predictions of what may come up? Any tips on how to revise this subject?😭 i do buddhism, ethics, and philosophy of religion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do christianity so can't help you with buddhism 😕 how're you feeling about ethics and philosophy though?
Original post by k.07
I do christianity so can't help you with buddhism 😕 how're you feeling about ethics and philosophy though?

hey! do you have any idea what could come up for Christianity?
Is it just me who has found this as my hardest A level by far there is so much mf content
Reply 4
I'm thinking theme 3 is the compulsory section this year. theme 1 was compulsory in 2018 and 2022, theme 2 in 2019, and theme 4 in 2020 and 2021, so it's never been the section a question.
Original post by fallinflower17
hey! do you have any idea what could come up for Christianity?
just to clarify you think that section A will be theme 3 ? but do you have any predictions for section b?
Reply 6
yeah i think section A will be theme 3 given the fact that it hasn't been asked yet but honestly, who knows? and I'm not quite sure for section b, that's where it gets harder to predict. I think best option is maybe just to focus on themes that haven't been asked in a while or haven't been asked at all.
Original post by josehaugastine27
just to clarify you think that section A will be theme 3 ? but do you have any predictions for section b?
Reply 7
Original post by k.07

Sooo nervous!! Haha what are you predictions for philosophy and ethics?? Also i know we have an answer book to write our essays on but will it matter if we don’t answer them in order? Like i literally answer questions im confident first and the rest after but I’m scared it will be an issue if i answer them in a different order
Original post by k.07
yeah i think section A will be theme 3 given the fact that it hasn't been asked yet but honestly, who knows? and I'm not quite sure for section b, that's where it gets harder to predict. I think best option is maybe just to focus on themes that haven't been asked in a while or haven't been asked at all.

Do you know which themes havent been asked for a while ? ive seen a yt video from 2019 talking about it but it would be useful to have a list if you have one ?
Reply 9
yeah, i made a list! hope it helps
1A - 2018, 2022
1B - 2022
1C - not asked yet
1D - 2018, 2021
1E - 2020
1F - 2019

2A - 2019, 2020
2B - 2019, 2022
2C - 2021
2D - 2022
2E - not asked yet
2F - not asked yet

3A - not asked yet
3B - 2019, 2021
3C - 2022
3D - not asked yet
3E - 2018, 2020
3F - not asked yet

4A - not asked yet
4B - 2020
4C - 2018, 2020
4D - 2021
4E - 2018, 2021
4F - 2019
Do you know which themes havent been asked for a while ? ive seen a yt video from 2019 talking about it but it would be useful to have a list if you have one ?
Reply 10
Hi does anyone do Islam here as part of Eduqas RS? also does anyone happen to know what came on the AS papers this year or a student room chat for it?
Reply 11
Original post by k.07
yeah, i made a list! hope it helps
1A - 2018, 2022
1B - 2022
1C - not asked yet
1D - 2018, 2021
1E - 2020
1F - 2019

2A - 2019, 2020
2B - 2019, 2022
2C - 2021
2D - 2022
2E - not asked yet
2F - not asked yet

3A - not asked yet
3B - 2019, 2021
3C - 2022
3D - not asked yet
3E - 2018, 2020
3F - not asked yet

4A - not asked yet
4B - 2020
4C - 2018, 2020
4D - 2021
4E - 2018, 2021
4F - 2019

Hi,

What is considered 2E/2F AND 3A/D/F? My book has 3 theme 3's in year 1 and 2
Reply 12
2E: Religious life - the community of believers (features of the early church)
2F: Religious life - key moral principles (the importance of love of neighbour, God's love as a potential model for Christian behaviour, regard for truth, the role of conscience, and the need for forgiveness)

3A: religious attitudes towards wealth (stewardship, prosperity gospel, and asceticism)
3D: challenges from secularisation (the extent to which the UK can still be called a Christian country, the effectiveness of the Christian response to secularisation)
3F: challenges from pluralism and diversity within a tradition (pluralism, exclusivism, inclusivism)
Reply 13
Original post by k.07
2E: Religious life - the community of believers (features of the early church)
2F: Religious life - key moral principles (the importance of love of neighbour, God's love as a potential model for Christian behaviour, regard for truth, the role of conscience, and the need for forgiveness)

3A: religious attitudes towards wealth (stewardship, prosperity gospel, and asceticism)
3D: challenges from secularisation (the extent to which the UK can still be called a Christian country, the effectiveness of the Christian response to secularisation)
3F: challenges from pluralism and diversity within a tradition (pluralism, exclusivism, inclusivism)

Thank you so much.
What do you think is the most likely on Section A and B
Original post by lillypetel
Thank you so much.
What do you think is the most likely on Section A and B

i think somebody has said that section A will most likely be T3
Reply 15
i think somebody has said that section A will most likely be T3

both questions will be T3? Whats likely for Section B?
Original post by lillypetel
both questions will be T3? Whats likely for Section B?

Section B : i don't think anybody knows tbh but i would think it would be more likely to be something that hasn't been asked twice already
Reply 17
Section B : i don't think anybody knows tbh but i would think it would be more likely to be something that hasn't been asked twice already

Yeah I was thinking that aswell. So section A is most likely to have 2 questions from Theme 3? I think Section B may include Theme 4
Reply 18
Hey everyone who did Islam, how was it and what came up? That pper was quite difficult
Reply 19
Original post by Aleash
Hey everyone who did Islam, how was it and what came up? That pper was quite difficult

Hi, I also found it very hard. Especially the first section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending