The Student Room Group

Can someone please mark my GCSE AQA Religious studies 12 marker :)

"For Muslims the best way to serve Allah is to give to charity"

One reason I agree with the statement is the Qur'an says that Zakah is a necessary part of the five pillars of Islam. For example the Qur'an says "Alms are meant for the poor the needy". This means that Muslims are required to give 2.5% of their income to the poor in order to emphasize with their living situations and serve Allah

However one reason against the statement is Hajj is also a key way to serve Allah as stated in the Qur'an. In the Qur'an it says that "Hajj is a duty owed to God by people who are able to undertake it". This means that Muslims are required to complete the pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lifetime in order to serve Allah. Therefore I believe that Hajj is a Muslims duty in order to serve Allah

Despite this, one reason I agree with the statement is Shi'a Muslims give khums as well as Zakah. Khums is 20% of excess earnings paid by Shi'a Muslims that is given to religious leaders and the poor, It is stated in the 5 roots of Usul-ad-din. This means that giving to charity is important in order to serve Allah as it is stated in the key beliefs of Shi'a Muslims as well as Sunni Muslims

However one reason to disagree with the statement is Salah (prayer) is also a key way to serve Allah. In the Qur'an it states that "Salah is a prescribed duty". This means that Salah is extremely important to Muslims as it is necessary in order to be Muslim and in order to strengthen you relationship with Allah

In conclusion I disagree with the statement because Zakah is an important way to give back Allah and appreciate him, however it may not be accessible to all Muslims as some may not be able to spare 2.5% of their income to charities. This means that Salah is a better way to appreciate Allah as it is easily accessible to all no matter your social status as we are all equal in the eyes of Allah
This is a good essay. You have made clear points and demonstrated alternative views to the statement. You could use more evaluative language and vary your paragraph openings. I prefer to see paragraph starters like “Giving Zakat is a requirement for all Muslims and in giving they show they rely on Allah to provide for their needs, showing their service and faith in God.

However it is also true that the pillar of Hajj gives Muslims another way to serve God…

Having examined giving to charity, going on pilgrimage and the discipline of daily prayer I conclude that they are all important ways to serve God, however the fact that prayer is something all Muslims can do regardless of their income in my view makes this the way that all Muslims can serve God so therefore it could be said that giving to charity is not the best way to serve God.

I would grade your paper at 10/12
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Pretzelcat
This is a good essay. You have made clear points and demonstrated alternative views to the statement. You could use more evaluative language and vary your paragraph openings. I prefer to see paragraph starters like “Giving Zakat is a requirement for all Muslims and in giving they show they rely on Allah to provide for their needs, showing their service and faith in God.
However it is also true that the pillar of Hajj gives Muslims another way to serve God…
Having examined giving to charity, going on pilgrimage and the discipline of daily prayer I conclude that they are all important ways to serve God, however the fact that prayer is something all Muslims can do regardless of their income in my view makes this the way that all Muslims can serve God so therefore it could be said that giving to charity is not the best way to serve God.
I would grade your paper at 10/12

Thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending