Hertfordshire BA

My AS grades are:

Business Studies A
Economics B (1 mark off an A)
Geography B
Critical Thinking C
Law D

GCSE's i got 1 A*, 3 A's (inc Maths), 6 B's and 1 C

do you think these choices are realistic for me?
Reply 1
And im predicted AAB (business, economics and geography)
Reply 2
They seem pretty good for Economics at any of those places. I think you've made a pretty good selection. If you check out TAELT, then I reckon you've made a good selection. If anything, you might be under-aiming by keeping Hertfordshire and Coventry in there. Maybe keep only one of those and stick in some place like Leeds, York or Southampton?
Reply 3
Also, I've just realised the only problem you might find is not having A-level maths. Check the course websites to see if they want it. I suspect some of the ones I've recommended might.
Reply 4
thanks yeahh thats the problem where i dont have A level maths so my uni choices are narrowed down quite a bit, the problem i was thinking as well is that although Loughborough and Surrey don’t demand a level maths if most of the applicants who are applying have it then it could put me at a disadvantage :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by jimmy_181
thanks yeahh thats the problem where i dont have A level maths so my uni choices are narrowed down quite a bit, the problem i was thinking as well is that although Loughborough and Surrey don’t demand a level maths if most of the applicants who are applying have it then it could put me at a disadvantage :frown:

If they don't ask for it, then it means you have a chance. People MUST get in without A-level maths and you have to believe you could be one of them.
Reply 6
Original post by n_251
Original post by jimmy_181
If they don't ask for it, then it means you have a chance. People MUST get in without A-level maths and you have to believe you could be one of them.

Exactly

For Surrey in-particular, I think the only thing that could damage you is doing Business and Economics due to the clash, since you have one of Economics/Maths. I do not know if they see your UMS, because if they see your UMS and your predictions, I would think you should get an offer as that would be AAB/ABB border WITH Economics.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending