The Student Room Group

Has anyone studied the M+D Europe program to study dentistry/medicine abroad?

I am considering applying to the M+D program to study detistry abroad. The universities where they offer it are:

Charles University, Prague
Cardenal Herrera University, Spain
Comenius University, Slovakia

Has anyone studied at these universities, or thinking of applying for the course?
Any feedback would be great :smile:

Thanks Guys

Scroll to see replies

hey i've been looking into M+D to study medicine abroad

on a gap yr atm, was supposed to be at med skwl over here but missed my chem grade by half a percent!

i'm a bit put off by eastern europe, but spain looks amazing! shame it's so expensive :/
let me know if you find out anything about people who have studied abroad

Elliot
Original post by Oli_milton
I am considering applying to the M+D program to study detistry abroad. The universities where they offer it are:

Charles University, Prague
Cardenal Herrera University, Spain
Comenius University, Slovakia

Has anyone studied at these universities, or thinking of applying for the course?
Any feedback would be great :smile:

Thanks Guys

Heyy

Yeah I applied through M&D as well & now I'm studying Med at Comenius 1st year, i really like it here, & I'd advise it over Prague. I applied to both Charles & Comenius and got in to both unis but i chose Comenius because of the reality that Charles can be quite unfair and has an extremely high ratio of kicking people out each year as i have heard from many students studying at Comenius who managed to transfer here after being kicked out, anyways if there's anything you'd like to know just pm me or something :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by A Lesson to Learn..
Heyy

Yeah I applied through M&D as well & now I'm studying Med at Comenius 1st year, i really like it here, & I'd advise it over Prague. I applied to both Charles & Comenius and got in to both unis but i chose Comenius because of the reality that Charles can be quite unfair and has an extremely high ratio of kicking people out each year as i have heard from many students studying at Comenius who managed to transfer here after being kicked out, anyways if there's anything you'd like to know just pm me or something :smile:

Hi
I have applied to Charles for Dentistry 2011. If i do kicked out you really think i can get into ur uni? btw is it much cheaper than Charles? Charles 11K tuition fees. Wa about urz ?
Reply 4
hi guys..m on a gap year nd considering abroad to study dentisty..charles quite possibley..isnt the tution fee like 12.5 k..nd do u know wats d yearly cost to study nd live in prague please if you know..nd why do dey kick students out..not doing academically well or just for no reason? thx
Reply 5

Heyy

hi im considerin to apply abroad for dentistry.

how did u pay for the tuition fees?

so how was the teaching in Comenius?
Original post by itsme
Hi
I have applied to Charles for Dentistry 2011. If i do kicked out you really think i can get into ur uni? btw is it much cheaper than Charles? Charles 11K tuition fees. Wa about urz ?

hey yep i know for a fact that you can, i know ppl who have, at the moment it's 10,000eur for dentistry an 9000eur for medicine per term
Original post by maria92
hi im considerin to apply abroad for dentistry.

how did u pay for the tuition fees?

so how was the teaching in Comenius?

Tution fees have to be from your own pocket i'm afraid uk doesnt give us loans to study abroad trust me all my english friends here tried it including me, i'm just lucky my parents are helping me with the money

teaching in comenius is really good, i'm really glad i came here, i mean at the start i was like wtf are they speaking english?! hahaaa no but it is actually really good, and omg dissection week was AMAZINGGGG!!!!!!! :smile:

I finish 1st year at the end of this week :biggrin: best thing about this uni = longer hols than any uk uni, 6months uni, 6months free every year :smile:
Reply 8
i'm applying through M&D to study dentistry at Charles
Reply 9
what aboutsocial life in bratislava? level of english spoken in city? difficulty ofnew language ? rent prices(1bed)?

comenius i mean :smile:
Reply 10
has anyone applied to study dentistry for 2012 entry at Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia? and is anyone currently studying there? If so are they on/have done the pre-med offered in london?
What are my chances of getting in if i do not do the pre-med course? I have completed two years of study in the uk doing dentistry previously.
Reply 11
Hiya all, this is an informative thread. I need some help... I'm really interested to apply for dentistry abroad in Czech but I fear the stories I keep hearing about high drop out rates. Can anyone confirm this ...are they being pushed or are they failing themselves by not studying?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Ribzy
Hiya all, this is an informative thread. I need some help... I'm really interested to apply for dentistry abroad in Czech but I fear the stories I keep hearing about high drop out rates. Can anyone confirm this ...are they being pushed or are they failing themselves by not studying?

sorry - i know this is probably a bit late, but ye, i've also heard that they have really high drop out rates. i have a friend who used to study there, he goes it was about 40 or 45%, which in my eyes is ridiculous.
Reply 13
Original post by footy105
has anyone applied to study dentistry for 2012 entry at Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia? and is anyone currently studying there? If so are they on/have done the pre-med offered in london?
What are my chances of getting in if i do not do the pre-med course? I have completed two years of study in the uk doing dentistry previously.

i have some friends at Cardenal Herrera, and they don't like it there. they said the fees are too expensive and apparently it is really badly located. they also said that even though they did pre-med, the amount of money it cost them was not worth it, plus they started in first year, so there was no point wasting a year (and money) doing the pre-med course.

i did some research, and basically found out about 3 universities, cardenal herrera, UCV and UEM. I went out to have a look at all three universities and found UEM to be the best. It is better located than Cardenal herrera, and also a lot cheaper (13000 euros at UEM compared to 20000 euros at Cardenal Herrera.

after looking at every aspect, i decided to apply to UEM. i had to go through an agency, the website is: www.gdc-spain.com

hope this helps.
Reply 14
I've heard similar things and have dealt with M&D for trying to get into Cardenal Herrera. From my experience, I would strongly advise against it. The fees are higher, the location is worse and the agency are unfriendly.

I went for UEM as the fees are more affordable and the Uni is right near the shops and clubs. I went through the same agency; they were helpful, they're gonna find me a flat with my budget and settle me in.
Reply 15
Original post by ash_1221
I've heard similar things and have dealt with M&D for trying to get into Cardenal Herrera. From my experience, I would strongly advise against it. The fees are higher, the location is worse and the agency are unfriendly.

I went for UEM as the fees are more affordable and the Uni is right near the shops and clubs. I went through the same agency; they were helpful, they're gonna find me a flat with my budget and settle me in.

how long did it take you to receive your offer? cos mine was pretty quick.. within a week of sending the necessary documentation and application forms.
Reply 16
what are the facilities at UEM like? anyone seen facilities at UCH? If so what are they like in comparison. And have you applied for english taught courses?
Original post by Oli_milton
x

Yh I've applied there but still haven't heard anything back!

Original post by elliotmaxwell

Elliot

True..have heard good stuff about the spain one in terms of their night life
but also they dont kick you out of school-mainly cuz you are paying them a fortune
wondered if you applied to all 3 too!

x

Wondered when you heard back from M&D! do they even give out the offers all in one go !

Original post by itsme
x

Original post by ibru
x

Original post by arya_suketu
x

Original post by mayastar8
i'm applying through M&D to study dentistry at Charles

wondered how you are getting on with your course now!

Original post by maria92
x

You must have applied by now!

Original post by footy105
x.

you've done 2 years of dentistry so you will be the king in the application cycle unless they have age restriction

Original post by Ribzy
x

Original post by azcar121

yh that's right the drop out rate is v high!
its all about failing language tests tho

Original post by ash_1221
x

Wondered how you are getting on
Reply 18
I went to go check out the facilities at UEM and it is pretty much top notch. I've received my offer today, really pleased; i'm happy to answer any questions if anyone wants to ask me anything as I've pretty much asked them all myself. Don't really use student room that often but I thought I'd let people know about the Uni as it gives a great opportunity for students to go and study Dentistry abroad...
Reply 19
I am going to Universidad Catolica de Valencia next year as it looked the best choice of the two I visited (I thought UEM involved studying in Spanish). Also, the representative, A Star Future, was a lot more straightforward than some others. It looks like there are going to be loads of dentists in Valencia this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending