The Student Room Group

History Offers?

Hey people! Has anybody received any offers for History yet? I haven't heard anything from any of my uni's except Oxford! :biggrin: I guess History is competitive!

Scroll to see replies

lol you got that right!

i didnt hear from most of mine till december onwards xx
Reply 2
I got a CONDITIONAL offer from B'ham for BBB for HISTORY, HERITAGE and EDUCATION
Oooh, well done!

It seems to be pretty usual for universities to wait before giving out their history offers. Now was about the time I got my very first offer (from York)...my last offer (from Edinburgh) I didn't get until March nearly six months later!! It's a tough wait!
Reply 4
No, History does seem to be the slow one. Maybe it's because all the tutors are used to slow change over time?

Don't worry: we're just the cool, laid-back students. Pity that's tricky to explain to people...
Reply 5
None yet. Though someone I know has got HistPol offer from Nottingham and two other places.
Reply 6
Woo, QMUL interview for History; it's my 6th choice but I think their course looks fascinating!! Yay.
Good luck peeps! & don't worry if you don't hear back for ages, tutors are notoriously slow for history in terms of getting the offers out. (esp York!)
Reply 8
White_redrose
Good luck peeps! & don't worry if you don't hear back for ages, tutors are notoriously slow for history in terms of getting the offers out. (esp York!)

not york...i got my offer 2 weeks after i applied last year. warwick and edinburgh on the other hand...
^^^ lol, well lucky you! They were the last to reply to me and 6 of my friends, so I'm just going on what I've experienced. Lovely city and great history dept though that goes without saying.
Reply 10
Some offers are coming out now, I have them from Hull (BBB) and UEA (AAB) for V100.
Reply 11
:d yay
Reply 12
Has anyone applied to Sheffield? jus wondering really! i havnt had any offers yet, lol why do History departments have to take to long to reply?!?!?!?!?!?

p.s. well done Lizj
Reply 13
cos it's a v.popular subject i guess
andyjim123
Has anyone applied to Sheffield? jus wondering really! i havnt had any offers yet, lol why do History departments have to take to long to reply?!?!?!?!?!?

p.s. well done Lizj

I got my Sheffield offer in October, they tend to give them out mid-oct to mid-nov if you got your application out before the december/jan rush so you probably haven't got long to wait before you hear back. Good luck!
Reply 15
i've just got my application in - hopefully before the rush, applied to warwick, reading, exeter, UEA, southhampton and sussex, i keep checking ucas for my password to track - i wish it was a faster process!
Reply 16
I just got an offer from Reading!!!
History and IR- 300 points! V excited! xx
Reply 17
well don hannah88, i've applied to reading for history, fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 18
thanks! they were v quick getting back to me so im sure you'll be fine! tis my first offer- hence the excitement! x
Reply 19
No offers yet, although i got letters from Nottingham and Bristol saying it is an extremely popular course and could take a while for offers to come out....oh dear. I just want one offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending