The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economic history department

Have there been any offers from this department?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
dont think anyone has yet lol
I have an offer for the MSc Economic History, they sent it late feb.
many offers came out for Econ and Econ history
econ and econ history thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7420917&p=99279158&page=6&viewing_newpost=1#post99279158
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by kanyesscapple
I have an offer for the MSc Economic History, they sent it late feb.

congrats
Original post by Anonymous #1
Have there been any offers from this department?

Hey, I recently got an offer for Bsc Economic History and Geography which is part of the EH department.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey, I recently got an offer for Bsc Economic History and Geography which is part of the EH department.

Congrats! With what stats ?
Original post by daryan2199
Congrats! With what stats ?
Thanks! A*AA predicted at 9999999888 at GCSEs
I saw two posts saying that they go the offer from Economic History in Mid March....... will they send out rejection for unsuccessful application ?
Original post by Anonymous #3
I saw two posts saying that they go the offer from Economic History in Mid March....... will they send out rejection for unsuccessful application ?

yes
why it take so long to issue offer ? all other uni have issued offer ........ are they seriously reading every application ?

Congratulations on your offer!

Which subjects did you apply with and when did you apply if you don't mind me asking. You're the only person I've seen with an offer!
My sons awaiting hearing on Economic History and Geography, with Economics, Geography and English Language.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by transient-jockey
Congratulations on your offer!
Which subjects did you apply with and when did you apply if you don't mind me asking. You're the only person I've seen with an offer!
My sons awaiting hearing on Economic History and Geography, with Economics, Geography and English Language.

thank you! 🙂 I applied with Maths, Geography and Economics on the 20th October and I got the offer 20th of March. I had a look at the LSE 2024 Applicant Spreadsheet on TSR and it seems like one other person got an offer on the 27th. Hope your son hears back soon.
thank you! 🙂 I applied with Maths, Geography and Economics on the 20th October and I got the offer 20th of March. I had a look at the LSE 2024 Applicant Spreadsheet on TSR and it seems like one other person got an offer on the 27th. Hope your son hears back soon.

Thank you for the update! I hope so too. He applied mid October as an early application so hopefully hears back soon 🤞
Guys I'd like some advice.
So I received an offer for LSE to do a BSC in Economic History. But there is some serious conflict in my family about it. My parents are saying that the accommodation, travel, living costs are too high for them to afford. Thing is we're not poor, my dads on 75k , about 50k after tax which would kinda suggest I could do it. But this is the thing, my sister also has to go to uni next year (she's in year 12) so the cost almost doubles for both of us. On top of that he has a mortgage to pay and yk lots of other costs. So we really don't have any disposable income. But because of his salary, (mum is a stay at home mum) I'm not eligible for more than about 4 grand maintenance, if that, even in London.

This has been really depressing me because its been my dream to go to LSE and I just don't know what to do.
Any info on how much costs actually are, like a final figure would be helpful to help making my case to my parents. And overall any other advice would be really helpful :smile:

also fr if anyone wants to split accommodation let me know ong
Original post by Robin Costache
So I received an offer for LSE to do a BSC in Economic History. But there is some serious conflict in my family about it. My parents are saying that the accommodation, travel, living costs are too high for them to afford. Thing is we're not poor, my dads on 75k , about 50k after tax which would kinda suggest I could do it. But this is the thing, my sister also has to go to uni next year (she's in year 12) so the cost almost doubles for both of us. On top of that he has a mortgage to pay and yk lots of other costs. So we really don't have any disposable income. But because of his salary, (mum is a stay at home mum) I'm not eligible for more than about 4 grand maintenance, if that, even in London.
This has been really depressing me because its been my dream to go to LSE and I just don't know what to do.
Any info on how much costs actually are, like a final figure would be helpful to help making my case to my parents. And overall any other advice would be really helpful :smile:

you romanian?
Original post by Anonymous #4
you romanian?

phahaha yes I am why do you ask
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Robin Costache

just take out student loans if you're a home student
Original post by certii_db
just take out student loans if you're a home student
it's the maintainance loans I need. I can't get more than ab 4-6k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending