The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

MSc Financial History at LSE

Saw this new programme for 2022 entry listed on the economic history department course page. I am an economics student who has also studied a fair bit of finance. I wish to apply to the economic history programme, and have almost completed my application. However, I can't help but wonder that given my backgorund are my chances for admission better for the financial history programme. Should I apply to both? Is it advisable to apply to two similar programmes under the same department for postgraduate study?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, did you apply to the financial history programme? I applied and got waitlisted just a couple of days after my application was completed.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by vladimeer
Hey, did you apply to the financial history programme? I applied and got waitlisted just a couple of days after my application was completed.

Hey,
I am submitting my application very soon for Financial History!
What is your undergraduate degree in if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Josh1r1
Hey,
I am submitting my application very soon for Financial History!
What is your undergraduate degree in if you dont mind me asking?

Good luck to you, Josh. My undergrad was in history.
Reply 4
Good luck to you, Josh. My undergrad was in history.

Likewise :smile:
Have you guys heard of anyone getting an offer for the financial history course? I came across someone on another thread who was waitlisted like me, so wondering if they're waiting for all applications to come in before making decisions.
Hey guys. I did not apply to MSc Financial History. Got a conditional from MSc Economic History. Will continue to self-study finance through the CFA and the like.
Original post by carlduckingicahn
Hey guys. I did not apply to MSc Financial History. Got a conditional from MSc Economic History. Will continue to self-study finance through the CFA and the like.

Congrats! :smile: I've heard it's a great course. How long did they take to process your application?
Congrats! :smile: I've heard it's a great course. How long did they take to process your application?

Thank you! I received my conditional after a month. I hope your waitlist status converts to an offer. This programme has opened for entry for the first time so I'm assuming they will be waiting for more applications to come in. Good Luck!
It has been 8 weeks since my application got waitlisted and I'm still waiting :s-smilie:
Hi
I applied to this programme about 10 days ago. I am just wondering what the timeframe for response is, what the background of other applicants is and was a first neccessary for an offer? I am on 67% average so a bit worried!
Original post by ellisg2000
Hi
I applied to this programme about 10 days ago. I am just wondering what the timeframe for response is, what the background of other applicants is and was a first neccessary for an offer? I am on 67% average so a bit worried!

I doubt anyone's got an offer from the department. So we can't really say anything. I've been waiting for exactly two months now since my application was waitlisted (just 5 days after I submitted my application).
I doubt anyone's got an offer from the department. So we can't really say anything. I've been waiting for exactly two months now since my application was waitlisted (just 5 days after I submitted my application).

Hi
Why do you think that no one has got an offer back?
Hi
Why do you think that no one has got an offer back?

Oh it's just a blind guess since no one here knows of anyone with an offer from the department. This is going to be the very first batch of students in the course, so the department might want to wait and gather all applications before making a decision.
Reply 14
Got my offer today. Anyone else ?
I have recevied an offer today.
Original post by nunu195
Got my offer today. Anyone else ?

Hey, big congrats to you!! I'm still waitlisted (it has been over 11 weeks). When did you apply and was your application waitlisted before you received an offer?
I have recevied an offer today.

Congratulations!! I'm still on the waitlist.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Hey, big congrats to you!! I'm still waitlisted (it has been over 11 weeks). When did you apply and was your application waitlisted before you received an offer?

Thank you! I applied at the end of Feb and received an offer last week. I am already an undergrad in the department so that might have helped.
Original post by nunu195
Thank you! I applied at the end of Feb and received an offer last week. I am already an undergrad in the department so that might have helped.

Wonderful. All the best to you!!

My graduate application tracker page just turned into: "This page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending