The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laura94
Jaffa cake muller corners!!!

Those!

And pizza Pringles, and Wonka bars (the older ones with the popping candy inside, not the ones they released as publicity for the 2005 film) :cool:
Original post by TotoMimo
Laura, the fudge brownie cookies are the ones in the kinda goldy-brown shining wrapper, right? I saw those in Poundland the other day (not the double-chocolate in the brown wrapper, it's more of a goldy-kinda colour). So you could try Poundies etc?

As for the French Toast... it wasn't French Toast Pop Tarts? Or French toaster strudels? I remember those.

Also I recall the ChooChoo! Thomas Toaster Pastries with the squeeze-on icing to taste similar to French toast.

Although those definitely don't have the consistency of a melba toast...hmmm.

Really?! God, I'm gonna follow your advice then... if I find them you're being repped for the foreseeable future!

And I don't think it was any of those... this is the thing that's confusing me about them, I'm sure they were called French Toast but you didn't actually toast them. As I said, they had the consistency of melba toast but were thicker, similar to crispbakes, and they were in the shape of a slice of bread.
Those other things do sound intriguing, though.

I don't know, maybe I'm just making them up in my mind. The other day I was craving marmalade, so I bought some and it turns out it tastes completely different to the taste I was craving. Very orangey, believe it or not.... :ninja:
So God knows what I was craving.
Talking of Marmalade - remember SHRED HEAD and SHREDLESS WONDER?

It was a marmalade from the 90s, I think Shredless Wonder had a character with a kinda flowerpot-looking head.
I think Orange Aero are back, they have a bar in the corner shop on my road!
Original post by haz864
Have you tried Barr's Cream soda?.... the closest thing to Vanilla Coke I could find.... I really miss Vanilla Coke though :frown:

Nah never tried it, I'll look out for it though :biggrin: thanks
Reply 585
Fanta Zesty Berry and buffalo crisps...miss you :frown:
Original post by medusacascade-crow
I think Orange Aero are back, they have a bar in the corner shop on my road!

Orange Aeros are certainly back; I can confirm they're here in the big bars, at least! But they're a very poor approximation of the Aero Oranges of old. A casualty of "health nation UK." They taste waxy and nowhere near as sweet and tangy... almost waxy in a way.

DAMN IT, STOP KILLING MY CHILDHOOD CONFECTION MEMORIES, REGULATIONS ON SUGAR AND FAT.
Original post by Millyshyn
Nah never tried it, I'll look out for it though :biggrin: thanks

It tastes nowhere near the same just to be warned, used to get it as a kid , the only real similarity is both contain vanilla.

Cream Soda tastes like the cheap vanilla ice cream.
Reply 588
Crispy M&Ms, haven't seen them around for ages, does anyone know if you can still get them?
10p Freddo's, BN biscuits, lucky charms & my number 1 fave - turkey twizzlers :biggrin: i don't care what was in them, they were soooo good :biggrin:
Reply 590
Original post by maveryck
Crispy M&Ms, haven't seen them around for ages, does anyone know if you can still get them?

Yes! I love these but I only ever see them in the big packs, not the normal size ones. Sainsburys definately sell them, I got some the other day :biggrin:
Reply 591
Original post by drbluebox
It tastes nowhere near the same just to be warned, used to get it as a kid , the only real similarity is both contain vanilla.

Cream Soda tastes like the cheap vanilla ice cream.

Well closest thing I could eve find to it... the taste must have improved though, because to me it does taste like it's been improved!

Almondy Daim and Snickers Cheesecakes.

These are absolutely boss and for some reason, my local Tesco/Co-op/Sainsbury just stopped selling them and I never saw them again. Has anyone spied them or are they genuinely gone forever?!
Reply 593
Original post by TotoMimo

Almondy Daim and Snickers Cheesecakes.

These are absolutely boss and for some reason, my local Tesco/Co-op/Sainsbury just stopped selling them and I never saw them again. Has anyone spied them or are they genuinely gone forever?!

You can buy the Daim ones from Ikea!! :biggrin: And I'm sure we got one in Tesco once (but this might have been 1-2 years ago). Not sure about the Snickers ones though.
Original post by -honeybee-
You can buy the Daim ones from Ikea!! :biggrin: And I'm sure we got one in Tesco once (but this might have been 1-2 years ago). Not sure about the Snickers ones though.

LEGEND. Thanks Honeybee, although I don't know of an Ikea nearby... but to know they're still in the land of the living, you get a DIGI-SMOOCH.
Reply 595
You'll have to make a special trip! :smile:
Reply 596
Does anyone remember those Hot and Cold cartons of Ribena? The Hot one had like a hint of chilli spice and the Cold one had a minty tingle. And they were soooo good. They only released them for like a year :frown:

And those crisps with pictures of Looney Tunes on them. I remember me and my brother getting these as a treat when I was 4 or 5, nobody else seems to remember they existed. I swear I wasn't making it up. They had the pictures branded onto them a bit like those Hello Panda cookies.

I was also gutted when they stopped selling pizza pringles, and spicy ones. Why get rid of two awesome flavours, and keep Cheese and Onion knocking around when they already have the almost-identical Sour Cream and Chive which everyone knows is far superior? We do not need two of the almost same flavour. Especially not at the expense of the cool flavours. *RAAAGE*

We don't get anything cool these days :frown:
Original post by floskii
Does anyone remember those Hot and Cold cartons of Ribena? The Hot one had like a hint of chilli spice and the Cold one had a minty tingle. And they were soooo good. They only released them for like a year :frown:

And those crisps with pictures of Looney Tunes on them. I remember me and my brother getting these as a treat when I was 4 or 5, nobody else seems to remember they existed. I swear I wasn't making it up. They had the pictures branded onto them a bit like those Hello Panda cookies.

I was also gutted when they stopped selling pizza pringles, and spicy ones. Why get rid of two awesome flavours, and keep Cheese and Onion knocking around when they already have the almost-identical Sour Cream and Chive which everyone knows is far superior? We do not need two of the almost same flavour. Especially not at the expense of the cool flavours. *RAAAGE*

We don't get anything cool these days :frown:

I certainly remember the Looney Tunes crisps, those were awesome!!
Reply 598
Ham and Cheese Mini Cheddars, where did you go?!?!
Original post by Jemeter
Ham and Cheese Mini Cheddars, where did you go?!?!

They're... gone?! :eek: Many a Christmas was spent with those and the infamous four-section crisp dip selection as the final thing I could manage to cram into by incredibly-full frame...

Anyway... to join the crispy corpses, the mighty Sausage and Tomato Golden Wonder:

The old Golden Wonder range in general. In fact, the old Smiths, too. And the old Burton.

GOD DAMN IT WALKERS, STOP BUYING EVERYONE AND MAKING THEM HEALTHIER.

Latest