The Student Room Group

addicted to eating at night

I eat a normal amount during the day, but at night I get really hungry and end up having another meal or snack, I'm talking 11:30 - 2am. I know it is unhealthy but I can't stop for some reason, and do it everyday.

I am on summer holidays from school and I never did this during school, so it's a recent habit. I've kind of ruined my sleep schedule so I do get incredibly hungry at night. I am trying to lose weight and I know this is a really bad habit to have, as I'm definitely not wanting to gain anymore weight.

I wait until everyone is asleep because my mum and sister always get mad at me for doing this.

Does anyone have any tips to stop?
I do this too. My sleep schedule is also really messed up, like i wake up 2 in the afternoon. So if u wake up late and go asleep late id say its pretty normal to crave things in the night. BTW if u are trying to lose weight dont put too much pressure on urself . but if u are keen on doing this, DO NOT SKIP MEALS! This could have a reverse affect on your body, so instead substitute meals with low calorie foods and drink water. There are many healthy meals to have that will help with weight loss (instead of torturing yourself) while still eating to your fill. Hope this helps.:suith:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I eat a normal amount during the day, but at night I get really hungry and end up having another meal or snack, I'm talking 11:30 - 2am. I know it is unhealthy but I can't stop for some reason, and do it everyday.

I am on summer holidays from school and I never did this during school, so it's a recent habit. I've kind of ruined my sleep schedule so I do get incredibly hungry at night. I am trying to lose weight and I know this is a really bad habit to have, as I'm definitely not wanting to gain anymore weight.

I wait until everyone is asleep because my mum and sister always get mad at me for doing this.

if you want to eat at night, try to drink water with honey and go to sleep again
Reply 3
I eat a normal amount during the day, but at night I get really hungry

Then you aren't eating and/or drinking enough during the day. Make sure you are hydrated and eating foods to fill you up, with protein and fibre.

What is a typical day's food for you?
Reply 4
Being on summer holidays may have disrupted your circadian rhythm due to less work or exercise. Try doing something engaging before bed like a puzzle or crossword (or anything) or go for a walk after dinner. Your brain may just need some stimuli and snacking is what it resorts to. But it will take a bit of time so try to lean towards fruits and nuts that can help replenish your nutrition.
Reply 5

heya!
Before I answer this, just know that a lot of people go through this, myself included, so don’t feel alone or isolated, please seek for support or advice if needed so.
i stopped my binge eating at night by just drinking more water, as I confused hunger for dehydration, if it’s not water than flavour infused water did the trick. I also started to eat more in the day, and atleast do 5-10k steps a day! this prevented me from binge eating at night and also improved my sleep schedule!

Quick Reply

Latest