street food - what's your fav?
Sri Lankan kotthu roti :drool:
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sri Lankan kotthu roti :drool:

Not had that before. What is it and what does it taste like/
Original post by Kutie Karen
Not had that before. What is it and what does it taste like/

It tastes divine, I love it. My fave food on the planet (and I don't even like most Sri Lankan food, despite originating from there :colondollar: ).

It's roti (Indian-ish flatbread), veg, and meat/tofu/whatever substitute all. You dice them and mix them all together, fry the mixture and then crack an egg into it :sexface:
pani puri
I have not eaten so many sorts of it yet, but without to have ever tasted them, I say South Korean Street Foods. They look so delicious that it can't be wrong on my tongue.
hmm bratwurst maybe
or bubble tea if u can count that
Reply 7
Hot dog :smile:
Reply 8
Nasi lemak or liang pi
Reply 9
Original post by FeiFeiLi
Nasi lemak or liang pi

oh okay. what is that and what kind of taste is it.
Reply 10

oh okay. what is that and what kind of taste is it.

Nasi lemak is a Malaysian dish of fragrant cocon rice, and then around the side are thinks like fresh slides cucumber, small fried fish, sambal (chilli sauce), peanuts and you can get it with a protein such as fried chicken, or curry.

Liang pi is a Chinese cold noodle dish. The noodles are made from starch or pea protein and then it has toppings of gluten, cucumbers, carrots, herbs etc and a sauce which is usually sweet, sour and a little spicy
Reply 11
Nasi lemak is a Malaysian dish of fragrant cocon rice, and then around the side are thinks like fresh slides cucumber, small fried fish, sambal (chilli sauce), peanuts and you can get it with a protein such as fried chicken, or curry.

Liang pi is a Chinese cold noodle dish. The noodles are made from starch or pea protein and then it has toppings of gluten, cucumbers, carrots, herbs etc and a sauce which is usually sweet, sour and a little spicy

Thanks. Must give it a go. Can you recommed anywhere is London where they do this well?
Reply 12

Thanks. Must give it a go. Can you recommed anywhere is London where they do this well?

Nope sorry, I live up north
Italian street food.
My favourite savoury street food is vegetarian seadas, deep fried Italian cheese pastries from Sardinia.
For sweet street food my favourite is jam panzerotti with chocolate cream, a fried pie from Puglia.

Quick Reply

Latest