The Student Room Group

Girls with painted nails - yay or nay?

Scroll to see replies

As long as it's not fake nails its alright. I paint my nails once a year, i like it neat.
Reply 41
I dislike your bog-standard purple/blue/red etc coloured nails. It's okay when they're all the same colour, I suppose... hilarious when people paint them all a different colour.

I like French manicured nails.
Me personally I tend to notice little things so I always see when one of my girl friends has done it so I guess I do like it. Shows they made an effort and I think they enjoy doing it too which is great. Although its not a major factor in me liking a girl

edit: fake nails or mutli-colour nail painting. please no
Reply 43
painted nails are for old people.
I prefer nice solid colours.

Those people with very long fake nails that have patterns and designs think they look good but to me they just look silly and disgusting.
Reply 45
I never don't wear nail polish, because I used to be a biter, and it's the best way to keep my nails growing. I have pretty much every colour in the rainbow (my favourite is grey at the moment :P) and I couldn't give a flying **** if guys like it or not. I paint them multicoloured sometimes, or alternating colours with glittery tips. Or I write DFTBA across my nails in black Sharpie. Haters gonna hate. :biggrin:
I don't color my nails that often but sometimes I do...coral color during the summer FTW!
White and clear paint is ok, all other colours looks slutty and just plain ugly.
Nay, as well as tattoos, and vast quantities of makeup, some makeup is okay, but if you've got enough makeup on for me to actually be able to tell "omg your caked in make up" then no.

And fake tan uggghhhh

I love the girls that are genuinely proud of what they look like, covering yourself in chemicals really turns me off tbh.
I have to say I'm not a fan of just "painting them" a particular colour, but I like it when people get them done really nice with pretty patterns etc on them :biggrin: I did mine over Christmas with pink glittery varnish first, then write "L O V E <3" (one letter on each finger and a heart on the thumb) in eyeliner pen of all things, then painted over it with clear varnish, and it looked LUSH!

But then I had to go into hospital for an operation and they made me take it off :'( I was suitably gutted!
Reply 50
I likey :yy:
Original post by loonyplatypus
I have glitter rainbow nails at the moment. If a guy was that opposed to nail painting, he could never be with me :p:

I agree!

Original post by givememathsbitch
to be honest....

I don't think painted nails make a difference.
As a guy I hardly notice if a girl has painted nails unless she shoves her hand right in my face...

I do that sometimes.
Original post by Cicerao
... hilarious when people paint them all a different colour.
Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly
fake nails or mutli-colour nail painting. please no
Original post by Panda Bear
Don't care as long as it's the same colour on all nails. Different coloured nails looks so stupid.
Original post by Tobia_s
As long as you don't go about painting each nail a different colour or smthn.

:teehee:

Guess you lot wouldn't approve of my current glitter rainbow nails then :p:

However...

Original post by Circe
I paint them multicoloured sometimes, or alternating colours with glittery tips. Or I write DFTBA across my nails in black Sharpie. Haters gonna hate. :biggrin:
Original post by Gemma :)!
I have to say I'm not a fan of just "painting them" a particular colour, but I like it when people get them done really nice with pretty patterns etc on them :biggrin: I did mine over Christmas with pink glittery varnish first, then write "L O V E <3" (one letter on each finger and a heart on the thumb) in eyeliner pen of all things, then painted over it with clear varnish, and it looked LUSH!

You're awesome :awesome:

I am a firm believer that if you're going to do your nails, you should do your nails. It's art. I have proper nail art brushes and Konad stamping sets so I can do decent designs. They're just a rainbow at the moment, but before these I had pink nails with little white daisies, and before that was the most complicated design I've done: mini American flags! The picture is crappy but they are tiny little stars, not dots :smile:

big yay to painted nails...

big no to the fake ones.....
:teehee:

Guess you lot wouldn't approve of my current glitter rainbow nails then :p:

However...

I am a firm believer that if you're going to do your nails, you should do your nails. It's art. I have proper nail art brushes and Konad stamping sets so I can do decent designs. They're just a rainbow at the moment, but before these I had pink nails with little white daisies, and before that was the most complicated design I've done: mini American flags! The picture is crappy but they are tiny little stars, not dots :smile:

THEY'RE AMAZING!

I like doing one nail a different colour on each hand. So like all purple and then one raspberry one on each (different finger on each hand too) for example. My boyfriend always found it amusing and if I had unpainted nails he'd comment on it wondering why.

He liked that I liked doing my nails, and there was this time he got beaten up one night, and when he rang me I stopped doing my nails and went over and he was like "well now I definitely know you love me, if you chose your nails over me!"
Reply 55
Original post by Leahcar
I have never ever ever in all my days heard of anyone who thought painted nails is unattractive. Fair enough it can be unattractive if it's all chipped and scruffy, but that's not enough to oppose to it completely.

I used to paint them and my boyfriend at the time absolutly DETESTED nail polish of any sort. He said it looked cheap and tacky- only various shades of red were acceptable lol:s-smilie:
I have been complimented on my nails by a guy before :P
And wow:
(edited 13 years ago)

Thanks! Haha. here's a pic of what mine looked like.. although not when they were first done, they were more awesome then, this is attempt #2 when I got out of hospital.. not the best of times to attempt nail art, apparently!

No to: bitten nails and chipped painted nails.

Would you be interested in doing the Iraqi flag? It will be for a good cause.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
It only look alright on some girls. I myself can't wear it. In any case it takes way too long to dry!

Quick Reply

Latest