The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's easy to imagine a case in which your body dies but you continue to live, floating around outside your body. Essentially any argument for Mind/Body substance Dualism is an argument for life after death.
It's questionable to what extent 'imaginable' can be equated with 'logically possible'.

What philosophical problems are raised? I'm not sure there are any problems for philosophy per say. It's simply an enquiry. Is there life after death? We don't know. That's not a problem, its not a contradiction, its just a question.
So the extent to which you might go around solving these problems isn't really clear to me. There are arguments for and against dualism and life after death. Some philosophers- Plato being a particular example- posited life after death not so much for religous grounds but as a part of their metaphysics and epistemology. So life after death might be a solution to a problem. Or it might be an interesting question. But I don't see it as a problem in itself because their is nothing counter intuitive about the idea of life after death.

Latest

Trending

Trending