The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
No I'll be a first year student in September.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Sailing sounds fun, never tried it before. There is definatly a fencing club and it's supposed to be quite good within university leagues.

Anyone up for paintballing in freshers week? I heard there is one near St Andrews. *Keeps reminding self that he needs to get the grades first...* (According to websites the nearest one is Edinburgh, but i'm sure someone said there is one nearer.)
paintballing? isn't that painful? ha Bdarnell ive assumed you were already there for ages then reread you sig, then like i said, got puzzled.

ive never properly done it before either parrotman, been on motor loads but not sail. we can hold eachothers hand which means if i fall in your coming with me.
Reply 383
Parrotman
Sailing sounds fun, never tried it before. There is definatly a fencing club and it's supposed to be quite good within university leagues.

Anyone up for paintballing in freshers week? I heard there is one near St Andrews. *Keeps reminding self that he needs to get the grades first...* (According to websites the nearest one is Edinburgh, but i'm sure someone said there is one nearer.)

Fencing also sounds intriguing. Paintball near St. Andrews? Count me in! However, I've never been paintballing in my life :redface:
well we can all get covered in paint then find out where the laundrette is. like and orienteering task
Reply 385
:rofl:
what the hells that?:smile:
:tongue: Yay capsizing boats into an ice cold north sea. I should have taken up fencing at my school since it offers it, but meh it was always over-subscribed.

Everyone says paintballing is painful, but it really isn't! I've been twice and absolutly loved it! The most you'll get is a little tiny bruise for maybe a day. That'd be awesome to do on a spare day for everyone on this forum. Nothing says hello like paint in a ball propelled by high speeds by gas into your arm.

LMAO, nice idea Blondemoment, although i'm sure Scotrail might object to have several paint covered people on their trains. You actualy wear overalls for paintballing which are normally supplied.
Reply 388
blondemoment
what the hells that?:smile:

it's a smiley face whose overcome with laughter.

Paintballing sounds like it would be loads of fun. I'm definitely up to doing it during fresher's week.
After my results i'll try and organise something then if I get in. :smile: It's great fun, although if anyone's concerned about that I suppose there might be a Quasar (laser gun) nearby as well.
Reply 390
paintballing sounds like a blast.
being a bit dim i keep calling fencing jousting, and of course i know the difference but its one of those words that just does not compute. its similar i suppose, just minus the horse and the big stick.....

paintballing, im persuaded. running about in a forest with multicoloured bruises what can be better?
I heard paintballing is something else in the Usa, or has something different to it. Where you just chuck paint filled with balloons at each other?
Bdarnell
it's a smiley face whose overcome with laughter.

ah thanks for clearing that up!:smile:
Reply 394
there's a laser place in dundee... i think.
cool, and parrot man i think that this is a really good idea.as long as it ends up in a pub where we can drown the pain :smile:
Reply 396
Parrotman
I heard paintballing is something else in the Usa, or has something different to it. Where you just chuck paint filled with balloons at each other?

No, hehe; it's still the same thing.
Ta Icecradle, i'll have to look it up nearer the time.

We shall see Blondemoment, I don't actually drink though. :tongue:

It was in a film sometime ago Bdarnell, i'll have to find it. Still you'll have great fun.
ah fair enough and i shouldn't knowing the consequences. actually thinking about it i haven't drank for about a month. Needless to say you will be incharge of those of us fancing a dip in the north sea. don't let me drown.
god i so have to get the grades, i really want to be there now!
Reply 399
Parrotman
Ta Icecradle, i'll have to look it up nearer the time.

We shall see Blondemoment, I don't actually drink though. :tongue:

I don't drink that much either (in fact, not at all). However, the casual glass of wine (prosecco...ah my fond days in Italy) never hurts. I don't drink to get drunk. In fact, I've never been drunk :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending