The Student Room Group

Let's Talk Crisps!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I caved in and had a packet of Carrefour Discount crisps. I think I prefer the thinner discount crisps.
Original post by Great Lord Xenu

I love you! You've made me want Prawn Cocktail crisps now.
Reply 62
On a lazy night in nothing beats:

AND

and obv...

the best walkers flavour
Reply 64
Looks like Mccoys are popular
I'm dieting, and there is a bag of crisps over there. Damn this thread.

Walkers ready salted. Kettle chips are the best kind though. Pringles. Wotsits are amazing, but I haven't had them for a long time.

I hate Walkers for not selling these anymore.

First they replaced it with Cheddar and red onion chutney, and now they do Vintage Cheddar and onion chutney. Not as nice :frown:
Reply 67
Original post by Jelephant
Eh? That's Jaffa cakes not Pringles :erm: Am I missing a joke here...? :p:

Anyways, I'm a fan of salt and vinegar, particularly Real McCoys and chipsticks, although the exception to that is the Kettle Chips ones. They taste too sugary, it's weird. I can also munch my way through a big bag of Doritoes without realising it... :colondollar:

As Poitron stated, they've tried numerous times to have Pringles put in the "Cakes" band to avoid the luxury VAT charge. If I recall correctly they actually won once, but later they lost.

They insisted there isn't enough potato in them to be called a "potato crisp" (I think Pringles have only about 40 percent potato in them) and the means in which they are cooked and baked in one long cylindrical "patty" or "cake", then later sliced makes them closer to a cake than a "crisp".

If you looked at the facts, sure enough, Pringles are actually closer to a cake than a crisp in both composition and preparation, but I'm pretty sure if you asked for tea and cake and got handed a Pringle, you'd give a fairly confused look.
Original post by Potiron
Pringles went to court too. Apparently they don't have enough potato in to qualify as crisps, either.

I'm not sure why that works as a selling point, but God I love them.

Mmmm, not sure I want to eat Pringles anymore after reading that... it just sounds... weird- "Manufactured from dough" and not enough potato? I know it's a silly thing to be put off over considering other things I'm quite happy to eat... but it's just not right! :p:

Mmmm, not sure I want to eat Pringles anymore after reading that... it just sounds... weird- "Manufactured from dough" and not enough potato? I know it's a silly thing to be put off over considering other things I'm quite happy to eat... but it's just not right! :p:

I'd probably still feel inclined to eat Pringles if they told me it involved the fermentation of unicorn tears.

They're just too good
Reply 70
Pom bears are epic. They're really cheap, too. Pringles are great, too but I only buy them when they're on offer. I've become partial to kettle chips and these spicy crisps from Waitrose that have four different shapes.. um.. not a great explanation but they are amazing. I also recently re-discovered quavers :drool: This thread is making me hungry.
Reply 71

As TotoMimo said, they've been crisps again since 2009.

But yes, they're only 42% potato. I've never let it stop me.
Original post by vedderfan94

These FTW!
Original post by Wick3d
I love you! You've made me want Prawn Cocktail crisps now.

:sexface: :sexface:
Reply 74
In no real order:
Pringles
Pom Bears
Quavers
Tangy Cheese Doritos
Kettle Chips

OMNOMNOM
Reply 75
Pickled onion monster munch or prawn cocktail walkers, don't mind if I do. :smile:
Reply 76

:sexface:
Reply 77
Pickled onion Monster Munch
Tesco Value salt and vinegar sticks
Reply 78
There is absolutely nothing better than the extra cheesy doritos :redface:
Reply 79
love pombears, bbq hula hoops cheese and onion squares. i love space raiders, they always remind me of partying with friends when we were about 15/16 and going to the garage at about 2am (it was about a 20/30minute walk) to buy them as they were awesomely cheap.

i do miss the lamb and mint sensations they used to do, i loved them but they stopped making them for some stupid reason, was really not impressed when that happened.

also forgot to mention bugles, they were awesome:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest