The Student Room Group

Would you say an underweight person can eat whatever they want?

Like whether it's healthy for them or not, like for example, they can have fizzy drinks, chocolate, crisps, junk food and it won't have a big impact on their health? They also don't need to worry about any weight gain because they are underweight anyway
Nope. It'll still impact your health. Being underweight or a healthy weight doesn't mean you shouldn't care about the nutritional value of what you consume.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
Nope. It'll still impact your health. Being underweight or a healthy weight doesn't mean you shouldn't care about the nutritional value of what you consume.

But then people start thinking you have anorexia if you are underweight and are concerned about what you are eating
Reply 3
Original post by Anony345533
But then people start thinking you have anorexia if you are underweight and are concerned about what you are eating

People think you have anorexia because you do have anorexia.
Reply 4
Original post by Anony345533

as long as your eating enough with a healthy balanced diet they shouldn't. and if they do then there just being weird about it
Reply 5
Weight is only one part of health. The type of food you eat can, for example, affect how oily and prone to breakouts your skin is. It can also affect how much energy you have; how prone you are to feeling tired more easily etc, all independent of your weight.
Reply 6
Original post by black tea
People think you have anorexia because you do have anorexia.

No I am not talking about me, I am talking about in general.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Nope.

Human basic nutritional needs must still be met regardless of bmi, weight or size.
The human body needs some dietary sources of calcium, fats, fibre, iron, protein, salt, sugar, vitamins and water.
They are essential in order to maintain basic functionality medium to long term and when entirely absent from dietary lifestyle the consequences for human health can be dire.

Quick Reply

Latest