The Student Room Group

Why is my mum like this?

Today I went to ask my mum where some crisps had gone in the kitchen. She said she threw them out and i asked why and she said they were stale. I was trying to say that how would you know they were stale if they hadn’t been opened yet, but she wouldn’t let me say it and kept just saying they were stale. She and my dad doesn’t like crisps so they were for me. She was shouting and getting angry and she was saying you don’t need to know why we threw them out it’s none of your business. Then I was trying to state my point of why I was asking to my dad, as she was saying I was trying to start an argument when I wasn’t she was the one shouting I was just trying to get say what I wanted to say. Then my mum said don’t think you’re dad is on your side because he’s not. Then just now she asked me to take my dinner plate away and I said I would do it in a minute and she was like no now and I was yeah I will in a minute, then she started getting angry. I said why are you shouting and she was like it’s you it always you that causes problems. Why is she like this?
Original post by Anonymous
Today I went to ask my mum where some crisps had gone in the kitchen. She said she threw them out and i asked why and she said they were stale. I was trying to say that how would you know they were stale if they hadn’t been opened yet, but she wouldn’t let me say it and kept just saying they were stale. She and my dad doesn’t like crisps so they were for me. She was shouting and getting angry and she was saying you don’t need to know why we threw them out it’s none of your business. Then I was trying to state my point of why I was asking to my dad, as she was saying I was trying to start an argument when I wasn’t she was the one shouting I was just trying to get say what I wanted to say. Then my mum said don’t think you’re dad is on your side because he’s not. Then just now she asked me to take my dinner plate away and I said I would do it in a minute and she was like no now and I was yeah I will in a minute, then she started getting angry. I said why are you shouting and she was like it’s you it always you that causes problems. Why is she like this?

This is quite a peculiar situation. I think that your mum might be stressed about something or she's getting older and perhaps losing her patience. If you think what your mum is contending with at the moment that might help you understand why she's acting this way. I think if you have crisps around you should keep them with you in your bedroom if she hates them that much as well, saves you from dealing with issues in the future.

Has your mother always been like this?
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
Has your mother always been like this?

Yeah she has but it doesn’t happen that often maybe once a week sometimes less
Yeah she has but it doesn’t happen that often maybe once a week sometimes less

Once a week is still a lot. Try having a calm conversation about her behaviour. Ask her if anything is bothering her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending