The Student Room Group

Spotify Premium worth it?

I've been using Spotify with a normal account for years now, but I was wondering whether it really was worth upgrading it to Premium. The main attraction is the offline playlists for my phone, I travel into Uni most days and sometimes on my own, where I prefer to listen to music as it takes about 20 minutes. But on the other hand... I do download music, so then I'd be getting it for free (which I know is the wrong way to look at it :P).

Do you think it's worth paying the subscription fee for Spotify Premium? It's £10 a month.
If you live in the UK then no, but if you, as I, live in a country that is not part of its "free Countries" then its defo worth it...:smile:
Reply 2
I've been thinking about it because I like the idea of having it on my phone, which I can connect into my car and listen to whatever I want :smile:
I have also been thinking about it as I have an iphone and I have loads of decent songs in my spotify account. Also I think spotify is a great programme.

To me the cost of premium doesn't seem that bad.

But what are the negative sides to it?
Well, you probs listen to music everyday, so £10 a month is about 30p a day. Wonderful thing about it is there are no adverts. Adverts are ****ing annoying especially when you're listening to an album. Only thing that irks me is the sound quality isn't that good when you're travelling on the tube - even when I listen to heavy/thrash metal. :thrasher:
if you have the money. yes.

may sound like a stupid answer, you can get all the music you listen to on spotify onto your phone for free (illegaly) or by paying for it, its just more effort. so it basically comes down to whether you'd prefer to spend the money or spend the time doing basically the same thing
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Erm....ever heard of torrenting?
Original post by Diiddz
Erm....ever heard of torrenting?

This.

Do you spend £10 a month on music?
Reply 8
Depends how much you love listening to Music, if you dont have many songs downloaded then it might be worth it

Quick Reply

Latest