The Student Room Group

is it crazy to wait 9 1/2 hrs for a concert for someone whos not famous

a man who is not famous at all and has 400,000 listeners per month, w his new album only reaching around 10,000 listens on spotify
im really lost on whether i should go or not since its £15 but i want to go for my friends sakes. the tickets not refundable
ik id be so tired
Why do they need to be famous to make the trip worthwhile?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Why do they need to be famous to make the trip worthwhile?

it doesnt matter about that, i dont know any of his songs, and i doubt someone will queue that early for him
You don't say anything about why there is a near 10 hour wait? is it far away or a weird venue, what? Do you think it's going to be one of those deals where people queue the day before just for the sake of it?

£15 for a concert ticket is small beans these days if nothing else. what is that, price of 2 drinks?
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
You don't say anything about why there is a near 10 hour wait? is it far away or a weird venue, what? Do you think it's going to be one of those deals where people queue the day before just for the sake of it?

£15 for a concert ticket is small beans these days if nothing else. what is that, price of 2 drinks?

its just that my friend who loves him wants to be at the very front by the barrier, its not far away from us, the pryzm holds 2200 people . his name is miles kane and i dont go to alot of concerts so im unfamiliar with how early someone should be for him. its not a stadium so im wondering if its better to go like 3 hrs before it starts instead
Reply 5
Original post by nareony
its just that my friend who loves him wants to be at the very front by the barrier, its not far away from us, the pryzm holds 2200 people . his name is miles kane and i dont go to alot of concerts so im unfamiliar with how early someone should be for him. its not a stadium so im wondering if its better to go like 3 hrs before it starts instead

miles kane is actually a pretty popular artist, i doubt youd have to wait 9 hrs to get a great view though- i think 3 should be more than enough time.
For a gig that small an hour or two would be plenty.

You could always listen to him on Spotify if you want to find out whether he’s worth the bother. Or just do it for your friend so they’re more inclined to reciprocate. You know, helping someone out.
Original post by nareony

IME most concerts don't work that way, unless there is assigned seating or whatever once you're in, you're in, if you want to be at the front you make you way there and compete with everyone else. Getting in just after the doors open doesn't give you some magic pass.

For a gig of about 2000 I wouldn't see much point in arriving any more than 1 hour early, it won't take them long to get everyone in and trying to arrive like 3-9 hours ahead sounds like a massive waste of time and you'd just be tired/annoyed when you eventually got in (like what do you think you'd be doing for those 9 odd hours exactly, just standing outside a closed venue?)

Quick Reply

Latest