The Student Room Group

HELP! Erasmus!

I need some advice, people!

My institution has sent out various emails about Erasmus, and I'm thinking about taking it up.

If I were to study in Europe, How much would I have to pay?

I need to do some research on it, but I just wondered if you guys knew anything about the financial requirements.

Cheers!
Reply 1
Original post by kylekmiles
I need some advice, people!

My institution has sent out various emails about Erasmus, and I'm thinking about taking it up.

If I were to study in Europe, How much would I have to pay?

I need to do some research on it, but I just wondered if you guys knew anything about the financial requirements.

Cheers!

You would not have to pay anything; but you do pay your tuition fees as normal even if you are not at your home university. In fact, you are often given an extra allowance while you are abroad to cover living costs.
Reply 2
Original post by evantej
You would not have to pay anything; but you do pay your tuition fees as normal even if you are not at your home university. In fact, you are often given an extra allowance while you are abroad to cover living costs.

Okay, thanks.

Do I have to meet any academic requirements, or is this dependant on the academic institution I attend?

-Thank-you for your help, once again :smile:
When I did Erasmus in 2008/9 I didn't have to pay any fees for my home uni. I paid nothing and I received an Erasmus grant from my uni.
Reply 4
Okay, thanks.

Do I have to meet any academic requirements, or is this dependant on the academic institution I attend?

-Thank-you for your help, once again :smile:

Apart from the language requirement (if there is any), no, there are no academic requirements; you will take units appropriate for your level at the university.

sarahlousie, which university did you attend? I am surprised that by that to be honest.
Reply 5
Original post by evantej
Apart from the language requirement (if there is any), no, there are no academic requirements; you will take units appropriate for your level at the university.

sarahlousie, which university did you attend? I am surprised that by that to be honest.

Awesome.

One more question (sorry).

Is there an interview process. By that, I mean, they have a range of candidates and choose from the best?
Reply 6
Awesome.

One more question (sorry).

Is there an interview process. By that, I mean, they have a range of candidates and choose from the best?

yeah, at my uni it depends on academic performance, the interest to go for a specific uni for erasmus (motivation letter), language skills etc. etc...and there is an interview where they ask you why you wanna go for erasmus why you chose that uni and other questions...at some unis in my country, the demand is much higher than the offer so it is pretty difficult to get place...
Original post by evantej

I went to the university of reading.
Reply 8
Original post by andreizinha
yeah, at my uni it depends on academic performance, the interest to go for a specific uni for erasmus (motivation letter), language skills etc. etc...and there is an interview where they ask you why you wanna go for erasmus why you chose that uni and other questions...at some unis in my country, the demand is much higher than the offer so it is pretty difficult to get place...

Okay. Thanks for the advice people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending