The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oncoming Storm
That's what I thought. I keep seeing clips of them on that all the time, with different dates. Guess the fans aren't the only ones who are bored in the 3 month break (Which I really am).

No Doctor Who...Harry Potter is over, nothing to do with my TV watching life except see re-runs of Being Erica. I'm tearing my hair out with boredom. Also madly jealous because a guy who goes to my fencing club met Alex Kingston in London! Oh why oh why did my parents take me to Sheffield to watch the adorable German fencing team instead? Ah well.

My friends friend saw MATT SMITH at the place I was going to do work experience but cancelled because of DofE. :frown:

Was watching the Big Bang yesterday and noticed a future reference to season 6. 'There's only two of me. I counted'. :biggrin: Though they said that the Doctor would go to the void between the worlds. Season 6 part 2 trailer shows Cybermen in eps 12 so I hope the being responsible for the TARDIS exploding is the Cybermen :frown:
Clip if the fourth Doctor's appearance in Futurama

Promo pic

Doctor Who's Karen Gillan set to appear in new comedy film

The film is named 'Not Another Happy Ending'
More from RTE:
"Screen Daily reports that the film will be directed by John Mckay (Crush) and tells the story of a best-selling author (Gillan) of "miserable" fiction whose success and happiness has led to writer's block.
Her publisher (Elliott) decides to mess with his author's life in a bid to get her writing again, only to realise that he is in love with her.
Production is set to begin at the end of this year or early in 2012.
Director Mckay said of his film: "We have two of the newest, hottest, sexiest pair of lead actors out of Scotland. Just right for the kind of quirky, romantic indie movie Not Another Happy Ending is set to be."

source http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0801/gillank.html

Let's Kill Hitler Opening details - spoilers

Spoiler

Original post by sleekchic
Clip if the fourth Doctor's appearance in Futurama

I watched the entire episode - there's no real explanation of why the Amelia Pond jar doesn't look like Amy/Karen, but the one that does kinda look like her was labelled Summer Maher. It makes no sense for her to be there anyway, as it's the Hall of Presidents (and is before the world gets shifted, as in the video you posted).

Owen Harper is also one of the jarheads.
Original post by sleekchic
Promo pic

Doctor Who's Karen Gillan set to appear in new comedy film

The film is named 'Not Another Happy Ending'
More from RTE:
"Screen Daily reports that the film will be directed by John Mckay (Crush) and tells the story of a best-selling author (Gillan) of "miserable" fiction whose success and happiness has led to writer's block.
Her publisher (Elliott) decides to mess with his author's life in a bid to get her writing again, only to realise that he is in love with her.
Production is set to begin at the end of this year or early in 2012.
Director Mckay said of his film: "We have two of the newest, hottest, sexiest pair of lead actors out of Scotland. Just right for the kind of quirky, romantic indie movie Not Another Happy Ending is set to be."

source http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0801/gillank.html

Let's Kill Hitler Opening details - spoilers

Spoiler

It looks like the Doctor has one of Amy's legs :O how long do you thin till heads are photoshopped this time?
Reply 5985
when is dr who comin back on..?
Tomorrow.
Nice promo pic.
Original post by Mariya.K
when is dr who comin back on..?

US air date is August 27th but UK air date is still TBC (as far as I can see anyway). Still a bit of a wait by the looks of things :frown:

Edit: Just found an article in the Coventry Guardian that says UK air date is 27th also.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tibbles209
US air date is August 27th but UK air date is still TBC (as far as I can see anyway). Still a bit of a wait by the looks of things :frown:

No we get it on 27th too (I'm 99.9% sure).
For those of you who haven't seen any of the MLP: FiM series, it has it's very own Doctor pony! He gets everywhere XD see sig and link!

Doctor Whooves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7f2f8_bEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMUtjxl2uE&feature=related

Doctor Who x Ponies = pure, 100% concentrated win!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lil Piranha
For those of you who haven't seen any of the MLP: FiM series, it has it's very own Doctor pony! He gets everywhere XD see sig and link!

Doctor Whooves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7f2f8_bEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMUtjxl2uE&feature=related

Doctor Who x Ponies = pure, 100% concentrated win!

I'm a pony now. Ponies are cool.
Apparently a new 60 second trailer will be coming soon, and it shall shed some light on a few things. There's also a secret to the pyramid promo pic, apparently, which is detailed in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Does anyone remember the trailer after A Christmas Carol?

Spoiler

I don't think we've seen that yet :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.

Spoiler

Ooooh, true dat :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.

Spoiler

Oh dear... I don't remember that O_o

On that note I realized I've yet to watch the christmas special for series 5. :s-smilie: Too lazy, I suppose.
Original post by punctuation
Oh dear... I don't remember that O_o

On that note I realized I've yet to watch the christmas special for series 5. :s-smilie: Too lazy, I suppose.

You havn`t missed anything, it was terrible. I hope this year`s one is better, but it won`t be hard to top last years.
(edited 12 years ago)
The official Doctor Who twitter has said the new trailer should be up in a few minutes :smile:
The music reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean :|

And there's only what, 2 new shots in that? Everything else is either a slight extension of things we've seen before (Kovarian and The Doctor's bits, mainly, as well as a little more from Gibbis) with the only new things being the Pterodactyls and the Pyramid Train.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LastLordofTime
The music reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean :|

And there's only what, 2 new shots in that? Everything else is either a slight extension of things we've seen before (Kovarian and The Doctor's bits, mainly, as well as a little more from Gibbis) with the only new things being the Pterodactyls and the Pyramid Train.

:mmm:

Latest