The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance for Erasmus next year

Hiya,

I'm currently applying for my loan for next year - I'm going to Spain and Italy. I know that we're supposed to get a fee waiver, but in my application it says under tuition fees £1680.

Have I done something wrong with my application? I've selected 'Study Abroad' under the section which asks where I'll be for that academic year.

Many thanks!
that's correct isn't it. You get reduced fees, not no fees.
Oh right... I was under the impression that I won't have to pay any fees whatsoever... My friend is doing a placement in Italy rather than study and she doesn't have any tuition fees to pay...?
Reply 3
Normally under Erasmus you get a full fee waiver provided you are abroad for the entire academic year. However, if you're just away for a semester you normally have to pay half fees. The only way to know for definite what fees you have to pay is to check with your uni and then let student finance know so they can adjust your tuition fee loan accordingly :smile:

Edit: I stumbled across this on the internet recently http://practitioners.studentfinanceengland.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=133%2C4210372&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL I think it's meant for people who work at student finance, but anyway if you click on the bit that says 'Erasmus Guidance 2011/12' there's loads of information and it does state that you shouldn't be charged tuition fees by your uni. Hope that helps!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending