The Student Room Group

A level Geog1 Exam AQA Tomorrow!!

Does anyone know what the questions could possibly be on - Coastlines, Rivers, Energy and Population Change???? HELP :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevisionGeek
Does anyone know what the questions could possibly be on - Coastlines, Rivers, Energy and Population Change???? HELP :frown:

hello, i have the exam tomorrow too and i dont know what questions that will appear but im sure that they will be all really hard 15 mark questions!!
Reply 2
for anyone doing glaciation, i shouldn't worry too much about periglacial regions. thats all that came up on ours last year and i doubt they'll do a shocker like that again
Reply 3
Original post by kate1
for anyone doing glaciation, i shouldn't worry too much about periglacial regions. thats all that came up on ours last year and i doubt they'll do a shocker like that again

What grade did you get on the exam btw, cause i've heard that the grade boundaries are really low?
Reply 4
Original post by Harry.K
What grade did you get on the exam btw, cause i've heard that the grade boundaries are really low?

yeah i got less than half marks on the actual paper but still got 140/140, so i wouldnt worry too much x
Reply 5
lolol i got D and E in this exam :P
Maybe im a retard
Reply 6
Original post by Matthewdee
lolol i got D and E in this exam :P
Maybe im a retard

You are not alone!!!:colondollar:
Reply 7
What did everyone think of the exam?

I did Rivers, Cold Environments, Population Change and Health Issues.
Reply 8
Original post by Harryf94

Did the same as you, and it is hard as hell
Reply 9
I messed up majorly on rivers, accidentally writing about Holderness before realising after a page of writing later :frown: Managed to get a page and a half about the Quaggy and the 3 Gorges before having to move on but that kind of messed me up for the rest of the exam as I was rushing everything and had to miss a 6 mark population question. I was hoping for an A before this exam and I might have still got it if grade boundaries are as low as usual but otherwise I'm looking at a retake :frown:

I did the same as above but Coasts instead of Cold Environments. Coasts was probably my best section, followed by Health Issues.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Deceiver
I messed up majorly on rivers, accidentally writing about Holderness before realising after a page of writing later :frown: Managed to get a page and a half about the Quaggy and the 3 Gorges before having to move on but that kind of messed me up for the rest of the exam as I was rushing everything and had to miss a 6 mark population question. I was hoping for an A before this exam and I might have still got it if grade boundaries are as low as usual but otherwise I'm looking at a retake :frown:

I did the same as above but Coasts instead of Cold Environments. Coasts was probably my best section, followed by Health Issues.

I thought it was alright but timing was my main problem, but managed to answer to all questions. pHopefully you should be alright if the grade boundaries are low. btw for the last health question the one about non-communicable disease, was that diseases like CHD and cancer cause I guessed and talked about CHD lol
Reply 11
Original post by Harry.K
I thought it was alright but timing was my main problem, but managed to answer to all questions. pHopefully you should be alright if the grade boundaries are low. btw for the last health question the one about non-communicable disease, was that diseases like CHD and cancer cause I guessed and talked about CHD lol

Yeah, non-communicable is like CHD, obesity etc. I wrote about CHD there too but I have a feeling that question might throw some people who write about AIDS by accident. We'll see.
Reply 12
Original post by Deceiver
Yeah, non-communicable is like CHD, obesity etc. I wrote about CHD there too but I have a feeling that question might throw some people who write about AIDS by accident. We'll see.

Yeah i talked with some people and atleast half of them (out of like 12 or so) got it wrong by putting HIV/AIDS or malaria. should hopefully bring down the boundaries lol
Reply 13
Original post by Harryf94

yeh did the exact same as you, thought it was alright but could have wrote more if i had managed my time better.
Reply 14
Original post by Harry.K
Yeah i talked with some people and atleast half of them (out of like 12 or so) got it wrong by putting HIV/AIDS or malaria. should hopefully bring down the boundaries lol

Yeah, I don't want everyone else to fail but this could work in my favour given that I messed up :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys.

I did Rivers, Coasts, Population and Health. Overall, I didn't think the questions were that bad, I'm just glad it's over personally :tongue:

Did quite well on the physical side I think, I absolutely destroyed the rivers section, and coasts was OK. The 15 marker on population was quite easy although I wasn't too keen on the settlement areas part. Didn't like health, I found the swine flu question confusing and I couldn't apply any knowledge of infectious diseases, and although I knew about CHD (the non-communicable disease) I don't think I wrote about it well enough.

Did everyone remember to annotate the picture on the very first question for 4 marks? 2 of my friends didn't even see the question, and I nearly missed it!
Reply 16
Original post by lukas1051
Hi guys.

I did Rivers, Coasts, Population and Health. Overall, I didn't think the questions were that bad, I'm just glad it's over personally :tongue:

Did quite well on the physical side I think, I absolutely destroyed the rivers section, and coasts was OK. The 15 marker on population was quite easy although I wasn't too keen on the settlement areas part. Didn't like health, I found the swine flu question confusing and I couldn't apply any knowledge of infectious diseases, and although I knew about CHD (the non-communicable disease) I don't think I wrote about it well enough.

Did everyone remember to annotate the picture on the very first question for 4 marks? 2 of my friends didn't even see the question, and I nearly missed it!

I pretty much reminded everyone to answer the first one, when i got out my ruler out and made some noise :colone: i agree that physical was better.. i had food supplies for human, which sucked.
Reply 17
Hii can someone actually put up the questions tht were asked ? if u remember them or have a copy of the paper thanks
Original post by danj
I pretty much reminded everyone to answer the first one, when i got out my ruler out and made some noise :colone: i agree that physical was better.. i had food supplies for human, which sucked.

Ideally, I would have liked to have done energy for human, but our teacher picked the topic, so we did health. Don't know why but it just doesn't feel like geography, and it's boring as hell. Ah well, it's all over now... just got skills to redeem myself on. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by danj

I did food. What did you write for the 15 marker about sustainable food supplies. I randomly wrote about the Green Revolution then realised it wasn't really sustainable, then I wrote 3 lines about the Jakuna tribe :s-smilie:

This might sound ridiculous but I wonder if you would lose marks on question 1a (rivers) for not using a ruler and a pencil? I used a pen and didn't use a ruler.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending