The Student Room Group

Higher Maths Post Mortem thread

Scroll to see replies

For a) 0,60,300 I have forgotten b
God I sat my Int 2 in third year and have been doing Higher for the past 2 years.. If I don't get a good A I deserve to be shot.
Reply 182
Original post by Quintro

Original post by Quintro
Haha me too! but after you think about it, it's quite obvious that it is going to converge on 0 if you keep halving the numbers.

But then i thought that if u keep having the numbers it wood be infinite and never reach zero :L but am guessing it was the right answer to that question :O

The intergration, 10 mark bad boy. See if u forgot to change the signs when bringing the equation to the one side, would they just stop marking, or wood they follow through and give u marks for correct working?
Does anyone know if Invergordon are posting the Higher answers this year?
Original post by Akmeeda
40 degrees for angle BDM? Whaaaat? I got 25.6 or something like that. :frown:

same :frown:
Original post by wboyd
But then i thought that if u keep having the numbers it wood be infinite and never reach zero :L but am guessing it was the right answer to that question :O

The intergration, 10 mark bad boy. See if u forgot to change the signs when bringing the equation to the one side, would they just stop marking, or wood they follow through and give u marks for correct working?

I wasn't sure about that either but the alternative was a limit of three to a sequence where the first value given was four.
Anyone get 145/12 for their integration question???
Reply 187
I got p<13 but I think I drew the arrow the wrong way, FML MOMENT.

Think I did terrible altogether tbh. I tried every question anyway, except Q1 in paper 2 :P and I got n=1/2 but for k, you don't even wanna know!
Reply 188
Original post by legion99
The radius did have to be less than 6. The distance from the centre of the first circle to the centre of the smaller circle inside it was 5. That meant that the distance between the centre of the smaller circle and the circumference of the larger one was 6 at its closest point, so the radius had to be less than 6 or it would touch the bigger circle.
I used:
r^2 = g^2 + f^2 - c
36 = 4 + 9 - p
p = -23 when the radius is 6
you want the radius to be smaller so P must be larger
=> P>-23
However, if p is equal to or greater than 13 then the radius of the circle is 0 and then goes negative which obviously wont work so P must not be 13 or more
=> P<13

final answer: -23<P<13

**** I put P is greater than -23 and I put P is equal to or less than 13.
I would lose a mark? :dontknow:
Reply 189
Original post by Quintro
The answer didn't lie in quadrant 1, it was in the 3rd (I think), so whatever you got you had to take away from 6.28 (2pi).

I agree with you there
Anyone got a copy of the papers?
so..... looking at this ive failes

Paper 2:
first page was fine
number 3... fine
then came number 4 :angry:
i got 77.55 for the area but noone else seems to have :frown:
Question 5 i worked out the gradient then gave up
question 6 i got R= root 39 and a = 51* then changed it to radiens
b - didnt have a clue :frown:
number 7 i got -40 < p < 40 :frown:

all in all BOOOOOO
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Yeah, that was all good, until you got -50/27 for the y-co-ordinate. I was like this :lolwut: so then of course I couldn't draw the graphs with my screwed up co-ordinates so now the SQA will think I don't know that -f(x) means reflected in the x axis, which I knew!!

My friend was right. He said that the rest of the country would've been fine with that question and it would just be our school who f***ed it up.

I did exactly the same thing, but with different screwed up co-ordinates. And I'm at a different school so you won't be the only one :smile:

Original post by NaturalDisaster
I just stuck a random squiggly lined graph and then mirrored it in the vain hope I would get a point for knowing how to do that. :lol: And far too many D's and C's in the multiple choice there. :lol:

SAME. I am feeling slightly better in the knowledge that I'm not the only one who did that :lol:
Reply 193
Original post by Marcus4004
Did you guys remember to not include 360 degrees in the last q in the non-cal?

:frown: noo.. i included it!! dang, how many marks do you think it will make me lose? :/
Reply 194
Original post by rajveers
paper 2:
Q3, did anyone get zero for the limit?
Q5, k=5 n= 0.5?

I got >>>>>> k=32. :lolwut:
Original post by kpopjpop
:frown: noo.. i included it!! dang, how many marks do you think it will make me lose? :/

only 1 i did the same
Reply 196
Question 4 on paper 2 I don't think anyone in my school got the same answer... I got something like 50 and 5/12?

Oh and on the last Q I also think I put the arrow the wrong way for the 13 and 0 ! :frown:

For the question about t, I got it as 0.02 or something, but I'm terrible at maths so don't let my answer worry ye.
Reply 197
Original post by Michael_10
Anyone get 145/12 for their integration question???

**** just realised we had to put it into decimal number since it was calculator?

I got 91/12 btw. 16/3 + 9/4 were the areas I calculated. :ninja:
Original post by Arianto

Correct. 2^5.
Original post by Arianto

SAME. YES :biggrin:

Original post by rajveers
paper 2:
Q3, did anyone get zero for the limit?

Yeah I did but it seemed odd to have a limit of 0 :lol:

Quick Reply