The Student Room Group

Gcse higher all three papers

In a few months I'm doing my gcse maths higher and would like to know is it harder to pass it or is it easy to get a 4,but how much do i need to get a four with all three papers combined.
Reply 1
Original post by Aden H
In a few months I'm doing my gcse maths higher and would like to know is it harder to pass it or is it easy to get a 4,but how much do i need to get a four with all three papers combined.

Your grade will be based on your total mark of 240 across all 3 papers (80 marks in each paper). What you need to get depends on your exam board and how difficult/easy the exam will be. As an example, for last November's Edexcel exams these were the grade boundaries:

So you needed a total mark of at least 38/240 (16%) to get a grade 4.

EDITED for higher and not foundation.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Notnek
Your grade will be based on your total mark of 240 across all 3 papers (80 marks in each paper). What you need to get depends on your exam board and how difficult/easy the exam will be. As an example, for last November's Edexcel exams these were the grade boundaries for the foundation exams:

So you needed a total mark of at least 135/240 (56%) to get a grade 4. In other words you had to average around 45/80 in each of the three papers.

The OP is doing Higher not Foundation :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
The OP is doing Higher not Foundation :smile:

Oops I should read the thread title! I assumed from their target grade...

I'll edit the post.
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek
Your grade will be based on your total mark of 240 across all 3 papers (80 marks in each paper). What you need to get depends on your exam board and how difficult/easy the exam will be. As an example, for last November's Edexcel exams these were the grade boundaries:

So you needed a total mark of at least 38/240 (16%) to get a grade 4.

EDITED for higher and not Foundation

So if i get 38 I'm in safe waters?

Quick Reply

Latest