The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 7th June 2011 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by icedragon
I'm fairly sure payroll is bespoke.

Memory Address Register is right.
Think the second one is Current Instruction Register.

Yep 2nd gen. Yeah I put 'address' hopefully that should be enough. Opcode and Operand are right. I'm not sure what 1 to 1 mapping is? I just put they were the same!

No problem

F*ck, payroll is bespoke.

Just lost a mark there :frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 201
Original post by exam2k10
F*ck, payroll is bespoke.

Just lost a mark there :frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

45 for an A is my best guess.
Reply 202
Original post by icedragon
45 for an A is my best guess.

Just out of interest, do you think AQA will accept Payroll as a special purpose software. As it is possible for it to be both a special and bespoke software. In some markschemes it says accept either. Hope they accept bespoke.

What do you think 80 UMS would equal to in raw marks?
I would say 54
Reply 203
i would say payroll was special purpose. it MIGHT also be bespoke, depends how generous they are. payroll is just people, hours and rates, you don't need to rewrite the whole thing for different companies. you just fill in different people, hours and rates.

was it flight sim or auto pilot type software because to my mind THAT's the bespoke one.

i agree with MAR and MBR for the registers mentioned. i agree with the address, opcode, operand and 1 to 1 mapping.
Reply 204
What did people put for that question about what a 64 bit system that uses an address bus meant? (Sorry, can't really remember the exact question)

I put 'The computer can store 2^64 different address buses'.

Same as that.

What did people put for the question where you had to match each peripheral to the correct memory sizes?
Especially the one that had 512MB to 128GB?

I put Magnetic Hard Disk for the one that went up to 2 TB
I put USB Flash Drive for the one that went from 512MB to 128GB
I put Bluray Disc for the one that went from 4.7GB to 8 GB
I put CD-Rom for the one that went from 600MB to 700MB

Who agrees with me on this one?

What did people for the question about why a software is bought on CD rather than bought.
I put 'Software bought on CD is portable and can be used again and again. It can also save Hard Disc Space. Whereas software that is downloaded takes up more memory space and takes longer to obtain software'.

4.7GB to 8GB is DVD because you can get minimum 4.7GB DVD's and 9.xGB DVD's which are dual layer. Blu-ray is higher.
Reply 205
Original post by mister c
i would say payroll was special purpose. it MIGHT also be bespoke, depends how generous they are. payroll is just people, hours and rates, you don't need to rewrite the whole thing for different companies. you just fill in different people, hours and rates.

was it flight sim or auto pilot type software because to my mind THAT's the bespoke one.

i agree with MAR and MBR for the registers mentioned. i agree with the address, opcode, operand and 1 to 1 mapping.

Correct, Payroll is special purpose and Air Traffic thing is Bespoke, as stated in the textbook.
Reply 206
Original post by sr135
Same as that.

4.7GB to 8GB is DVD because you can get minimum 4.7GB DVD's and 9.xGB DVD's which are dual layer. Blu-ray is higher.

Sorry, I didn't remember there being an option for DVD :confused:
Reply 207

It was DVD+R I think.
Reply 208
Original post by Squalleon
Correct, Payroll is special purpose and Air Traffic thing is Bespoke, as stated in the textbook.

Yh, same.
When I did my revision over the half-term holiday it said payroll is special purpose and Air Traffic thing is Bespoke, according to the textbook.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Just hope that the examiners accept them
Reply 209
Original post by fluteflute
It was DVD+R I think.

Oh...:colondollar:
Ah well, at least I got the other three options right
Reply 210
What did people put for that question about why a DVD+R can hold more data than a CD, even though they are of the same weight and dimension?

I put DVD+R has a dual layer whereas a CD has a single layer.
Does anyone agree with me?

What did people put for that question about why a DVD+R can hold more data than a CD, even though they are of the same weight and dimension?

I put DVD+R has a dual layer whereas a CD has a single layer.
Does anyone agree with me?

I put that the pits used to represent data were smaller and therefore more of them could fit on a disk hence more data can be stored. It was a complete guess to be honest.
Reply 212
Original post by JackAA
Also, does anyone know if this is accecptable for the boolean algebra, I put the NOT gate after the AND.

To Be Honest, I am not sure.

I intially drew the same diagram as you did, but then changed it when going through the paper again.
I changed it because if I had put the 'AND GATE' and the 'NOT GATE' like you have, the output would have been http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chap2_9780137045792/elementLinks/ab-bar.jpg (image taken from Google images) and not http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chap2_9780137045792/elementLinks/a-bar-b-bar.jpg (image taken from Google images).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 213
Original post by JackAA
Also, does anyone know if this is accecptable for the boolean algebra, I put the NOT gate after the AND.

Afraid not. This would give a different output to the intended output. Remove that (see De Morgan's laws)

Not(A) . Not(B) = Not(A+B)

It does not equal Not(A.B)
Reply 214

Original post by fluteflute
It was DVD+R I think.

Yer it was DVD+R
Reply 215
To Be Honest, I am not sure.

I intially drew the same diagram as you did, but then changed it when going through the paper again.
I changed it because if I had put the 'AND GATE' and the 'NOT GATE' like you have, the output would have been http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chap2_9780137045792/elementLinks/ab-bar.jpg (image taken from Google images) and not http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chap2_9780137045792/elementLinks/a-bar-b-bar.jpg (image taken from Google images).

I did that first but then correct it after to putting the not gates before.
Original post by Dobby28
I think it was data bus. Its annoying when you write the right answer then cross it out to put another one Which turns out to be wrong :frown:

I am sure that the bus is the control bus as it is two-way everywhere. The data bus is one-way when comes from the keyboard controller and goes into the VDU controller.
Reply 217
Original post by sagederby
I am sure that the bus is the control bus as it is two-way everywhere. The data bus is one-way when comes from the keyboard controller and goes into the VDU controller.

That diagram was not very clear.

Apparently, there was an error
Wow you lot are still going on about the exam??
Reply 219
Anyone got the paper that they can upload? Maybe one which has been marked up by a teacher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending