The Student Room Group

Computer OCR coursework plagiarism

I made a game for my OCR computer science project by following a YouTube tutorial. The code, assets and all that other stuff are different. I did copy some code (small amounts) from the tutorial to help me with my project. I even added in extra functionalities to my character which wasn’t in the tutorial. My problem is that I used stack overflow and github to help me out a lot and now 49.7% of my code has came up as plagiarised.
Will I get disqualified for this or will I just lose some marks?
Original post by a2hk_official
I made a game for my OCR computer science project by following a YouTube tutorial. The code, assets and all that other stuff are different. I did copy some code (small amounts) from the tutorial to help me with my project. I even added in extra functionalities to my character which wasn’t in the tutorial. My problem is that I used stack overflow and github to help me out a lot and now 49.7% of my code has came up as plagiarised.

How did you check your code was plagiarised
Original post by a2hk_official

Ask your teacher because ibsr she’s the best person to tell you plus I don’t think the code gets sent off to the exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending