The Student Room Group

Plagiarize and AI in project NEA

How do they check if a work has been plagiarized in the computer science NEA when it comes to other peoples work online or AI?
My school has been putting so much emphasize on it and i have used the internet to help me if a code section doesn't work and i have taken bits of code and put it into mine. Would i get disqualified for this? How do they know how to differentiate between work that is mine between another's because my code at the moment is pretty basic so of course its going to be on the internet. How does it work?
Reply 1
this is stressing me out to. ive made sure I referenced every website I used throughout the process, even something simple like w3 schools, in a bibliography. i also have proof of testing and iterative development throughout the code and on my computer in case they ask me anything. if you do stuff like that you don't need to be concerned. I'm just worried about the software they use wrongly flagging things as it does that quite a lot.
Reply 2
If your work is your own, then you have nothing to worry about. Taking bits from here and there is fine as long it is the odd line here or there. Taking someone else's working solution or copying and pasting whole chunks of code out of ChatGPT is cheating and wrong.

It is really easy to see what is copied and what is not. Tools are not required. I will say no more than that.
Original post by hotpud
If your work is your own, then you have nothing to worry about. Taking bits from here and there is fine as long it is the odd line here or there. Taking someone else's working solution or copying and pasting whole chunks of code out of ChatGPT is cheating and wrong.
It is really easy to see what is copied and what is not. Tools are not required. I will say no more than that.

okay thats what i was thinking, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending