The Student Room Group

ocr computer science project

So im a bit confused on something about the project. In the design section, i have explained what i will program and what it does. In the development function, should i just provide, explain and test my code? Does that mean i have to copy all my code, or is that not necessary?
Original post by amirtak06
So im a bit confused on something about the project. In the design section, i have explained what i will program and what it does. In the development function, should i just provide, explain and test my code? Does that mean i have to copy all my code, or is that not necessary?

Just take screenshot of the code and explain what the code do or maybe annotate it to give it some more information. For the testing bit, create a table that have columns for what test did you do, what is the test for and why, what is the expected result of the test and what is the result you ended up with when running the test
Reply 2
Of all the code, right? Or part of it?
Reply 3
I'm not sure how it is for OCR but for AQA, in the Implementation section, we copy and paste the code and then provide links to page numbers in words and the function where it is used for any key skills (we have a key skills document which is used to highlight to the marker where we have used what, otherwise it would be a long day for them). In my class, there are 14 people doing Computer Science with each person having 100 pages in their documentation as a minimum and the top end being 384 pages. If they have to sit looking through all of that code, it's extremely time consuming.

Your code testing comes after your implementation and then you have your evaluation where you critically describe and show how many of your end-user's requirements you have successfully met and if you haven't met one of them, why you haven't met it.

The function/bit from the whole code you want to refer to

I did OCR and I don't think there is a minimum or maximum page you need to do
Reply 6
Original post by blob88888888
I did OCR and I don't think there is a minimum or maximum page you need to do

There isn't for any CS NEAs - it's quality over quantity. I got my score back from the teachers marking the project and the project being moderated in school (waiting for external moderation) and I got 63/75 (3rd highest in my class). Someone who did 3 times more pages than I did scored 58 so it just goes to show - quality, not quantity. I did 130 pages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending