The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 7th June 2011 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
For the TCP/IP stack eight-marker, I had to get an extra answer page, I had so much to write... (hopefully it was all mark scoring stuff, not just me writing pointlessly :P)
Original post by sr135
Anyone got the paper that they can upload? Maybe one which has been marked up by a teacher?

Do they allow that nowadays? You could work out your marks like 2 months before the results ccome out that way. I guess it would also be quite good cus if you got a poor mark you won't be smacked on that day.
Reply 222
Original post by Student21
Do they allow that nowadays? You could work out your marks like 2 months before the results ccome out that way. I guess it would also be quite good cus if you got a poor mark you won't be smacked on that day.

Yep I think so. The Edexcel S2 paper with markup was uploaded an I know that they are doing that for some of the other Maths papers (threads say that paper will be posted next day).
Reply 223
Original post by sr135
Yep I think so. The Edexcel S2 paper with markup was uploaded an I know that they are doing that for some of the other Maths papers (threads say that paper will be posted next day).

Yeah, they upload the maths paper with solutions the following day
Reply 224
Original post by sr135
Anyone got the paper that they can upload? Maybe one which has been marked up by a teacher?

Yeah same, want someone to upload the paper as well.

Just want to know how many marks I got
Reply 225
I have a copy of the paper, given to me by my teacher. I'll start scanning!
Reply 226
Original post by @Jamie

Thanks!
Reply 227
Original post by sr135
Thanks!

Done. I haven't done the answers to the 8 marker because that's all in your text book and I couldn't be bothered :P also, sorry for the poor quality. If the mods have a problem with this, please just remove it. Thanks!

http://up.ht/iOjX7n (too big to attach)
Reply 228
Original post by @Jamie
Done. I haven't done the answers to the 8 marker because that's all in your text book and I couldn't be bothered :P also, sorry for the poor quality. If the mods have a problem with this, please just remove it. Thanks!

Thank you very much!!! Will pos rep you later. Apparently I have reached the limit.
Reply 229
FYI, I've had a reply from AQA (I'm a teacher, sorry if I hadn't made this clear) about the error in the diagram. They said that they would pass the info on to the principle examiner who would decide if any action should be taken before any of the papers were marked.

I don't know what that action will be but if I were to guess, I'd say that they might just disregard either the component that was connected to that dodgy wire or possibly the entire question. To my mind, it would be overkill to disregard the entire question because the other components and the bus were still easily identified.
Reply 230
Original post by mister c
FYI, I've had a reply from AQA (I'm a teacher, sorry if I hadn't made this clear) about the error in the diagram. They said that they would pass the info on to the principle examiner who would decide if any action should be taken before any of the papers were marked.

I don't know what that action will be but if I were to guess, I'd say that they might just disregard either the component that was connected to that dodgy wire or possibly the entire question. To my mind, it would be overkill to disregard the entire question because the other components and the bus were still easily identified.

Thank you for this information.

I note that BBC News published a story early this morning:
The exams watchdog Ofqual has criticised a series of mistakes on AS-level exam papers and ordered extra checks.

Three exam papers taken by students in England, Wales and Northern Ireland had questions which were incomplete or impossible to answer correctly. Two others are being investigated.
I wonder if COMP2 is one of those two others.
Reply 231
Original post by @Jamie

Original post by @Jamie

Looks like a very good attempt at the paper there!

Only thing to note is that <p><ul></ul></p> is invalid syntax.
Reply 232
Original post by @Jamie

Thank you so much for uploading the paper.

Very much appreciated :biggrin: +1 rep
Reply 233
Original post by @Jamie

Do you also possibly have the COMP1 paper?

Don't worry if you don't. Once again, thanks for spending some time uploading the COMP2 paper
Reply 234
Was the last question computer misuse act?
Reply 235
Original post by ngnav

Original post by ngnav
Was the last question computer misuse act?

No, Regulation Of Investigatory Powers.
Reply 236
Original post by fluteflute

I note that BBC News published a story early this morning:I wonder if COMP2 is one of those two others.

I heard there was an impossible 11 mark question on a maths paper :s-smilie: :L :L
- so guessing that was another, would've been ragin if i did that
Reply 237
Original post by Jampot

Original post by Jampot
I heard there was an impossible 11 mark question on a maths paper :s-smilie: :L :L
- so guessing that was another, would've been ragin if i did that

Yeah that's one of three mistakes that have been admitted to by the exam boards. Two more are under investigation...
Reply 238
Oooh specifically mentioned by AQA:
It also said there had been a problem with a diagram on its computing AS-level paper on 7 June, saying: "An arrow in a diagram was shorter than it should have been, which may have confused some candidates".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13710868
Reply 239
Original post by fluteflute
Oooh specifically mentioned by AQA:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13710868

I was just about to post this, i can't remember a question with an arrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending