The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 7th June 2011 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dobby28
Im really stressing for this exam. Theres so much to remember and i just dont think ill be able to remember it all. When i finish a topic and do the next one i feel theres so much information that it makes me forget the things i learnt before xD

Anyone got any good tips?

think positive and if you think your gonna fail then just do past papers
id say just by doin past papers ul pass atleast
Reply 41
Original post by ketchup
think positive and if you think your gonna fail then just do past papers
id say just by doin past papers ul pass atleast

I think i will pass but i really want a high A in this. I messed up comp1 :frown: - the program just wouldnt work :frown: i even practiced savetopscores beforehand and i swear i wrote exactly the same thing as i did at home which worked. Im going to get a copy of my paper after results and tell the teacher if the codes are the same.

Do people think its necessary to learn the different input/output devices and storage medium in the full detail as there is in the text book?
Reply 42
Hope I do well in this one. Got 61/80 last year which isn't too bad but wanna nail it for an A overall.
Reply 43
Original post by sr135
Hope I do well in this one. Got 61/80 last year which isn't too bad but wanna nail it for an A overall.

How come you didnt take it in january?
Reply 44
im guessing its going to ask you to compare a scanner or something. the types of scanners?

or dot matrix printer or cd. if not theyll prob ask you a 6 marker on the layers i guess.
Reply 45
Original post by reapz
im guessing its going to ask you to compare a scanner or something. the types of scanners?

or dot matrix printer or cd. if not theyll prob ask you a 6 marker on the layers i guess.

The types of scanners are quite similar arent they its whAt they are used for thats different but the core principle of how they work are really similar.

Whats a dot matrix printer :O is that the inkjet printer?
Reply 46
Original post by Dobby28
How come you didnt take it in january?

Teacher said I couldn't do it in Jan and that they can only be done in summer (which is only true for COMP1). :angry:
Reply 47
Original post by sr135
Teacher said I couldn't do it in Jan and that they can only be done in summer (which is only true for COMP1). :angry:

Damn your teacher lied xD if i resit next yeAr im definitely doing it in january. Especially coz im definitely resitting comp1 in summer next year
Reply 48
Original post by Dobby28

Original post by Dobby28
Damn your teacher lied xD if i resit next yeAr im definitely doing it in january. Especially coz im definitely resitting comp1 in summer next year

Would've been so much better to resit COMP2 in Jan because I only had 4 exams then. Now I am lumbered with 9.
Reply 49
:angry:
Original post by sr135
Would've been so much better to resit COMP2 in Jan because I only had 4 exams then. Now I am lumbered with 9.

Unlucky! Must be a nightmare revising for comp2 with all those other exams. But to be fair i didnt listen in class all year so im basically teaching myself everything a few days beforehand xD so might be easier for you lol
Reply 50
Original post by Dobby28
:angry:

Unlucky! Must be a nightmare revising for comp2 with all those other exams. But to be fair i didnt listen in class all year so im basically teaching myself everything a few days beforehand xD so might be easier for you lol

I'm kind of having to do that for COMP3, although it's not too bad. Having revision sessions at school too so hopefully that will help. Only other exams I need a lot of practice for are Economics where I need essay practice and rejog memory for all the theories. Maths is a doddle and just involves past papers and I know the stuff. Shouldn't be too bad to be honest.
Reply 51
Original post by sr135
I'm kind of having to do that for COMP3, although it's not too bad. Having revision sessions at school too so hopefully that will help. Only other exams I need a lot of practice for are Economics where I need essay practice and rejog memory for all the theories. Maths is a doddle and just involves past papers and I know the stuff. Shouldn't be too bad to be honest.

You seem organised! Lol. Maths is so much easier to revise for than computing isnt it! I just regret not doing enough past papers. I focused more on biology and chemistry because i had maths and bio on one day and chem and comp1 the day after; was a nightmare. And so in maths a question came up which everyone else had seen in a past paper and i hadnt so i missed out those 8 marks :O bad times
Reply 52
Original post by Dobby28

Original post by Dobby28
You seem organised! Lol. Maths is so much easier to revise for than computing isnt it! I just regret not doing enough past papers. I focused more on biology and chemistry because i had maths and bio on one day and chem and comp1 the day after; was a nightmare. And so in maths a question came up which everyone else had seen in a past paper and i hadnt so i missed out those 8 marks :O bad times

Not that organised lol. My work is a mess, although for computing my notes are organised on Microsoft OneNote (a piece of software I introduced to the school) but I have really just been revising from the text book. For maths it'll maybe be some of the harder questions in review exercises and Economics I have a little revision guide which is really good.

All my folders and books are scattered around the place. Desk is a mess covered in past papers that I've not looked back at after doing them. Lever arch file broke so I dump piles of paper here and there... Good to know that hopefully next year, I can bin most of it. Bought too many text books / revision guides too that I haven't used. eBay or Amazon me thinks.

I want to do really well in COMP2 because I mightve messed up COMP1 retake (although I didnt do too badly initially) and COMP4 has gone quite well. Really want an A but it depends on COMP3 which is kind of hardish.

I hate the way AQA word the questions sometimes too, where you don't know what it actually want you to write about... e.g. state the principles arghhhh.....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Hey, does anyone know if the hardware question will be on one device for 4/6 marks or two devices (comparison I guess) for 6/8 marks? Last year they did the latter, right?

Reply 54
Original post by sr135
Not that organised lol. My work is a mess, although for computing my notes are organised on Microsoft OneNote (a piece of software I introduced to the school) but I have really just been revising from the text book. For maths it'll maybe be some of the harder questions in review exercises and Economics I have a little revision guide which is really good.

All my folders and books are scattered around the place. Desk is a mess covered in past papers that I've not looked back at after doing them. Lever arch file broke so I dump piles of paper here and there... Good to know that hopefully next year, I can bin most of it. Bought too many text books / revision guides too that I haven't used. eBay or Amazon me thinks.

I want to do really well in COMP2 because I mightve messed up COMP1 retake (although I didnt do too badly initially) and COMP4 has gone quite well. Really want an A but it depends on COMP3 which is kind of hardish.

I hate the way AQA word the questions sometimes too, where you don't know what it actually want you to write about... e.g. state the principles arghhhh.....

Haha i was like that before when i had my other exams but not had exams for a week and only got comp2 left so im a bit more tidy now :P
Reply 55
Original post by Lc8_66
Hey, does anyone know if the hardware question will be on one device for 4/6 marks or two devices (comparison I guess) for 6/8 marks? Last year they did the latter, right?

Nobody would actually know so itd be a guessing game. But shouldnt really make a difference because everything should be revised for either :/ i hate that topic! Its got way too much information.
Reply 56
does anyone know a good site which contains information about comp2 hardware?????I m stuck on it... :frown:
Reply 57
Reply 58
Original post by sr135

Thank you very much..
I m stuck on Secondary storage devices.Our teacher didn't tell us to prepare for that..
thnx for help... :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by getz123
Thank you very much..
I m stuck on Secondary storage devices.Our teacher didn't tell us to prepare for that..
thnx for help... :smile:

Basically connects to the computer through I/O controller which is connected to I/O in three box model. Three box model is the Processor, Main Memory and I/O. Secondary storage is like a hard drive or any non-volatile storage device. I think thats right. You got the AS text book? Go through that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending