The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Tateco
Well done! What were your GCSEs like?

10 A*s :smile: but i don't think they look at gcse's as muchh as AS's and personal statement
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1981
Original post by nikakey
btw what do you want to read at ucl ? :smile:

Mathematics with Management studies :smile: you?
Reply 1982

Original post by ms93
Mathematics with Management studies :smile: you?

modern languages, french and spanish :smile:
Reply 1983
Has anyone been to a NatSci Open day? I have my letter inviting me to one but I wanted to know what it meant by 'a discussion with an academic' Is that an interview?

Anyone who has been and can tell me what to expect?
Original post by Minnie46
Has anyone been to a NatSci Open day? I have my letter inviting me to one but I wanted to know what it meant by 'a discussion with an academic' Is that an interview?

Dude discussion with an academic IS an interview, I can promise you. I got that and so did my friend (we're going for chem and bio respectively).

It's an informal 'chat'/interview. Around 15min, mine just picked up on something I wrote in my ps and took it off on a tangent which was quite fascinating. I think they just want to make sure you fit your application (i.e. you're not actually stupid) They said they give out offers to almost everyone who are invited for the open day but an offer is not guaranteed.
Original post by Mike93L
It's an informal 'chat'/interview. Around 15min, mine just picked up on something I wrote in my ps and took it off on a tangent which was quite fascinating. I think they just want to make sure you fit your application (i.e. you're not actually stupid) They said they give out offers to almost everyone who are invited for the open day but an offer is not guaranteed.

Do you know if the same applies to those who are invited to submit essays?
Just got a letter saying they would be inviting me for an interview in due course...I assume this is good? :L
I've got nothing from UCL thus far....no break for the holidays things..howwww!!
Law :/
Original post by DenyLeGrand
Do you know if the same applies to those who are invited to submit essays?

Erm... For Natsci? I didn't think they asked for submitted work. I have no idea sorry. However, I have a friend who was asked to do a questionnaire for UCL for history and he got an offer a few weeks later.
Original post by Mike93L
Erm... For Natsci? I didn't think they asked for submitted work. I have no idea sorry. However, I have a friend who was asked to do a questionnaire for UCL for history and he got an offer a few weeks later.

Reply 1991

Don't worry about it, there just checking your the person you said you are, so long as you were honest on your personal statement then you've got an offer, they said at the interview day for me (I've got an offer for PhysNatSci looking at doing Astrophysics and Geophysical Sciences) "99% of people you get invited to interview get an offer" that's a quote :smile: at mine (I requested a Physics based interview) we talked about the neutrinos going faster than light and some quantum effects and gravity, nothing (applying to your chosen interview topic) you couldn't just roll off the top off your head if your a suitable candidate, and giving you've been invited to interview, you are suitable. Easy and simple, also talked about my further reading and my EPQ it was very calm and relaxed and easy don't even need to prepare, just, go, be the person you said you were on the personal statement, and your in :crazy:
Reply 1992
Original post by Fleximetrics

Original post by Fleximetrics
Hey, to be honest my friend the interview was REALLY informal, they asked the basic questions of why you chose UCL, and if you would be ok with living in london. They also just want to talk about your application, such as your hobbies and interests. There was no physics questions or test in any way. Just to let you know i got an offer from them two weeks after the interview.

Good Luck! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I hope it goes well! haha. what grades are needed for your offer?
Hey, I sent my application for engineering off just over a month ago, and I'm wondering how long does it take for UCL to get back?
Reply 1994
Still haven't found a single person also applying to Mathematics with management studies, anyone? :frown:
Original post by Naked and Famous
Hey, I sent my application for engineering off just over a month ago, and I'm wondering how long does it take for UCL to get back?

very long :eek: I submitted my application in mid October and got my decision in mid December. so yeah...
for those who celebrate, here's something I made yesterday...

Original post by ms93
Still haven't found a single person also applying to Mathematics with management studies, anyone? :frown:

don't worry there definitely are but I guess some people can't be bothered to go through all of the posts. I posted several times on this thread and there doesn't seem to be any chemistry applicants. Have you got an offer?
Original post by Jazz.fm
Thank you :smile: I hope it goes well! haha. what grades are needed for your offer?

They offered everyone at our interview AAA :smile:
Original post by desy.kris
very long :eek: I submitted my application in mid October and got my decision in mid December. so yeah...

Which engineering course did you apply for?

Latest

Trending

Trending