The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by Pavlina
The offers can come in the JUNK mail? Are you serious?
I just checked, nothing in there now, but my e-mail deletes them every week! What if I got one and it got deleted? Am I going to get rejected if I've been invited and I don't go? I mean, I know the chances are slim, but this is stressing me out :frown:

i think you get a confirmation letter as well, so don't worry if it has been deleted
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3581
Just firmed UCL, woo :biggrin:
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
As have I :biggrin: what is your offer for?:smile:

Hmm, I got offer for MSci/BSc Biological Sciences :biggrin:
Reply 3583
I just got an offer for ESPS! So shocked and happy!
Original post by uni2012

Congratulations!!! So, do you plan to go there?
Reply 3585
Well I've yet to hear back from any of the American schools I've applied to (I'm American) so I'm kinda waiting on those...but as of right now, I think it's my top choice :smile: However my conditions are based on my AP test results, which don't come out until mid-July! And I'd have to be sure I want to study in the U.K., considering you have to respond to American schools by April 1st. (I got into Edinburgh and Glasgow unconditionally as well.)

Do you think having to wait to apply for accommodation until mid-July would be a bad thing? Or would it not matter?
Reply 3586
and THANK YOU!!! haha
Reply 3587
unconditional for phil econ yesterday :smile:
Original post by uni2012
Well I've yet to hear back from any of the American schools I've applied to (I'm American) so I'm kinda waiting on those...but as of right now, I think it's my top choice :smile: However my conditions are based on my AP test results, which don't come out until mid-July! And I'd have to be sure I want to study in the U.K., considering you have to respond to American schools by April 1st. (I got into Edinburgh and Glasgow unconditionally as well.)

Do you think having to wait to apply for accommodation until mid-July would be a bad thing? Or would it not matter?

Just to remind you that the application deadline is 31st of May, so you need to act fast!(I mean the unis have to act fast) I am an international student too! But I didn't apply to US unis, they're just too far from my hometown...you're welcome.
Reply 3589
Original post by jemowkd
unconditional for phil econ yesterday :smile:

Congrats, mate! :biggrin:
Quick question: Had you gone to an open day (or submitted sample essays)?
Reply 3590
Original post by Francium
Congrats, mate! :biggrin:
Quick question: Had you gone to an open day (or submitted sample essays)?

Cheers:smile:
Went to the open day/test thing in december
no submitted essays

which one did u go to?
Reply 3591
was it december or november?
cant remember but it was the first one they had
Reply 3592
Original post by jemowkd
Cheers:smile:
Went to the open day/test thing in december
no submitted essays

which one did u go to?

I'm not from the UK so I submitted sample essays. :smile:
Reply 3593
Original post by Francium
I'm not from the UK so I submitted sample essays. :smile:

When?
where r u from? im an international student as well but im in uk
still no reply for L100 econ, what are they doing?!
I submitted essays (Phil/Econ) on Jan 9. Still no reply.
Original post by SmidgetGem
Will they spring surprise interviews on people?? My friend showed me his open day invite which didn't mention anything about an interview (for Geography I think) and it's pretty much the same as mine (Linguistics), but he got interviewed during the guided tour :/ I feel like I should be doing some kind of preparation but I have no idea what..any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Also, does anyone know what the accomodation is like?

The interviews aren't strenuous. They just want to make sure you know what you're signing up for. A lot of students in the past have dropped out because they think it's going to be like English Lit or something. If you want to prepare, read a few chapters of Pinker's The Language Instinct. Read further than that if you want, but all that'll happen on the day is they'll have a chat with you about why you like the look of the course.
Reply 3597
Just got an unconditional for Law!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :biggrin: I actually cried with joy. I'm SO happy :biggrin:
Reply 3598
Original post by uni2012

Congrats! :smile: When was your assessment day?
Reply 3599
anyone waiting for reply to L101??? waitings killing me!! the last open day is on wednesday! s:

Latest

Trending

Trending