The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Unit 2 Government and Politics - Governing the UK Question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ilovekatenash
i'm just revising - constitution, executive and parliament. The Judiciary can go to hell :smile:

Thats what I've decided to do, the same topics as you as well :wink:
Judiciary is just sooo long too much info to learn
Original post by cat_cat

yeah it is not even politics. ITS LAW!
Reply 22

Very true :tongue:

How are you revsing, by taking notes or just doing past papers ??
Reply 23
I have no idea why you would have started revising three/four days ago, Politics AS (this unit anyway) is an absolute joke, revision isn't necessary, just a basic sort of political common sense.
Original post by peelin
I have no idea why you would have started revising three/four days ago, Politics AS (this unit anyway) is an absolute joke, revision isn't necessary, just a basic sort of political common sense.

Hmm I can't say I agree. I think maybe Unit 1 was knowing examples from the news and a bit of 'common sense', but this one you actually have to know political institutions, bodies, terms etc.
50% of marks are AO1, so there's a lot of key terms to learn. You certainly can't blag this exam.
Reply 25
Original post by peelin

unit 1 i agree, but not this unit
Reply 26
Original post by RyanKirwan
Scroll down to page 14

its because thats the unit 1 paper
Reply 27
Original post by exe
unit 1 i agree, but not this unit

In truth neither is really a joke, if you discount one unit as a joke or pointless then you are missing out on marks simply because you weren't interested in it. Either way that is a really poor work ethic
Reply 28
Original post by Gromit94
I've cracked out my Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry. Is far more interesting than the lack of UK Constitution.....

Regardless, you need to revise every chapter of this unit. Between Unit 1 and 2, unit 2 (Governing the UK) is much harder and even though it may seem like there is little to study about the constitution you have to revise it because there is a likley chance that one of the section A questions will involve some straightforward questions on that topic.
Reply 29
Original post by cat_cat

Compared to the others though its alot more specific. After all, what if you get areally good question on the Judiciary and you haven't revised for it, with revising this subject it is unwise I think to discriminate between different chapters.
Reply 30

No, its polotics. If it was law it would clearly define the workings of how the whole system of law works and how it centres around the historical cases in commonly used forms of judiciary in different nations. If you read the judiciary chapter in the Unit 2 book it will tell you what the role of the judiciary is, its relationship to the executive and legislature and how the rulings of a national judiciary might clash with the rulings of an international one (see the 1999 Factormame case). Don't just discount one chapter becuase it may seem boring.
Reply 31
I don't really get why everyone seems to hate the judiciary. I don't think there's substantially more you need to learn and I don't find most of the questions particularly difficult. It's quite easy to write 40 marks worth of content on it
Reply 32
Original post by Gitbag
No, its polotics. If it was law it would clearly define the workings of how the whole system of law works and how it centres around the historical cases in commonly used forms of judiciary in different nations. If you read the judiciary chapter in the Unit 2 book it will tell you what the role of the judiciary is, its relationship to the executive and legislature and how the rulings of a national judiciary might clash with the rulings of an international one (see the 1999 Factormame case). Don't just discount one chapter becuase it may seem boring.

*Politics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending