40 mark

questions?

As in, for Unit 1 there was the standard:

Intro
Point 1
Point 2
Point 3
Conclusion

So how do you do it for each of these questions?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Maddog Jones
http://www.edexcel.com/I-AM-A/STUDENT/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

Is it just me, but do NONE of the past papers they show have 40 mark essays in them?

What is with that?

Scroll down to page 14
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Lets revise

Start revising for this tomorrow :smile:
Me too :smile:
Reply 4
Ok, so what exactly is AO2? Mark schemes say it is 'Intellectual Skills' - is that analysis and evaluation?
Reply 5
AO1 = Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant institutions, processes, political concepts, theories and debates

AO2: Analyse and evaluate political information, arguments and explanations and identify parallels, connections, similarities and difference between aspects of the political systems studied.

AO3: Construct and communicate coherent arguments making use of a range of appropriate political vocabulary

-

I tried to start revising for this exam yesterday but I find it SO boring and just couldn't concentrate :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Tpos

I tried to start revising for this exam yesterday but I find it SO boring and just couldn't concentrate :frown:

:ditto:
Reply 7
5 marks = 3 quotes direct from the source along the lines of "The source states that...", "According to the source..." and then a brief explanation using different to the ones in the source. So you're basically just reinterpreting the source again.

10 marks = 3 quotes from the source again at the start of 3 separate paragraphs. Then explanation from your own knowledge. Eg if the question was 'Explain why governments need an effective Parliament' you would write:
P1 The sources says that "Parliament must answer for its actions". This means that... I also know that along this theme....
P2 In the source it says that an effective Parliament is one that "can scrutinise and, if necessary, change the legislative proposals". This means that... I also know that along this theme...
etc. (although don't use the first person pronoun in the actual exam as it looks a bit cheesy!)
Just checked the mark scheme and it says that it requires 1 point at least that is entirely from your own knowledge or else you can't get top marks!!

25 marks= same as in Unit 1

40 marks= I do 6 paragraphs, 3 for, 3 against (they're generally on a 'discuss' point I think), plus an intro and a conclusion. My parargraphs are about 7 lines long.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Gromit94
5 marks = 3 quotes direct from the source along the lines of "The source states that...", "According to the source..." and then a brief explanation using different to the ones in the source. So you're basically just reinterpreting the source again.

10 marks = 3 quotes from the source again at the start of 3 separate paragraphs. Then explanation from your own knowledge. Eg if the question was 'Explain why government's need an effective Parliament' you would write:
P1 The sources says that "Parliament must answer for its actions". This means that... I also know that along this theme....
P2 In the source it says that an effective Parliament is one that "can scrutinise and, if necessary, change the legislative proposals". This means that... I also know that along this theme...
etc.

25 marks= same as in Unit 1

40 marks= I do 6 paragraphs, 3 for, 3 against (they're generally on a 'discuss' point I think), plus an intro and a conclusion. My parargraphs are about 7 lines long.

Hope this helps :smile:

I don't think you should use personal pronouns/write in the first person...
Reply 9
Original post by Tpos
I don't think you should use personal pronouns/write in the first person...

Yes I agree, but it was the easiest way to get my point across in my initial message :smile:

Thanks though
Reply 10
no probs :smile:

Now! Anyone know any way to get past the boredom of this unit????

I couldn't even go through all of my constitution notes yesterday {sigh}
Reply 11
I've cracked out my Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry. Is far more interesting than the lack of UK Constitution.....
Reply 12
I've cracked out my Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry. Is far more interesting than the lack of UK Constitution.....

:lol:
(lack of uk codified constitution :wink: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I really want to get an A on this, but there's just so much to revise on the unit! Definately not choosing judiciary though.
Reply 14
Original post by Tpos
:lol:
(lack of uk codified constitution :wink: )

aah so that's where I've been going wrong :smile:

btw, that neg rep was not from me! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
aah so that's where I've been going wrong :smile:

btw, that neg rep was not from me! :smile:

LOL, that's for clarfying the neg rep wasn't from you :biggrin: I wonder why I got negged :/
Lol I gave you a positive one to make up for it.

Gromit, thanks so much!
Reply 17
Actually dreading this unit

Is everyone revising all four topics or only choosing three to revise ??
Reply 18
Lol I gave you a positive one to make up for it.

Gromit, thanks so much!

Aww! I'm gna rep you for that :wink:

I wish it was more like a 'like' system on fb though. I mean 5 reps a day just aren't enough :/

And do you think we can get away with just revising 3 instead of all 4?
Original post by cat_cat
Actually dreading this unit

Is everyone revising all four topics or only choosing three to revise ??

i'm just revising - constitution, executive and parliament. The Judiciary can go to hell :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending