The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 - June 13th 2011

Scroll to see replies

22 MORE Hours!!!
Started doing some Comp Papers, hope to get at least 10 in it.
i hate the comp papers...usually get 12-14 which means i need to hustle around 65 to try n get that A*

we'll see eh. we'll see.
Reply 183
Please can someone explain what is meant in the June 07 paper, question 7, part i) and then iii) when it says 'By considering the greatest and least values of sint...' I don't understand how to get these highest and lowest values? It should be easy I think, I just don't get it

Is it just looking at the greatest values of y on the sin curve, 1 and -1?

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by englica
Please can someone explain what is meant in the June 07 paper, question 7, part i) and then iii) when it says 'By considering the greatest and least values of sint...' I don't understand how to get these highest and lowest values? It should be easy I think, I just don't get it

Is it just looking at the greatest values of y on the sin curve, 1 and -1?

Thanks!

Sint max value = 1
Sint min value = -1

Use -1 and 1 in formulae.
Reply 185
Question 6 on June 2006 - hope we don't get anything like that tomorrow!
Reply 186
RE JUN 06 QU 7iii

When it asks you to VERIFY the equation of a plane
should you sub in the points and show they equal the constant
OR do 2 vectors and the scalar product with the normal and show it =0

Thanks
this time tomorrow.....the pain will be over!
Original post by rrelish
RE JUN 06 QU 7iii

Thanks

Yes, you need to substitute in all three points to the equation since three points define a plane in 3D space, you can do it the other way as well as they do give credit for it in the mark scheme, so either way works but I think the first method is probably quicker.
Original post by rrelish
RE JUN 06 QU 7iii

Thanks

Mark scheme accepts both.
Reply 190
Thanks for the quick reply
And when it says show (n1,n2,n3) is a normal to the plane ABC
Then do the scalar product with 2 vectors?
Here can you also show the scalar product with 3 points?
Reply 191
Original post by viksta1000
yeah, C3 was 'orrible

oh man, this is gonna make me sound like a right hypocrite after slating C3...got 80%, so scraped an A lol...but then again, coursework really pushed me up

what uni and course is that for?

C3 was horrendous! haha i got the same as you 80%, hoping for slightly more in C4 perhaps the same as C2 - 88% then i'd only need 52% in mechanics to get an A. hehehe :biggrin:
Reply 192
Has anyone got the formula book?
Reply 193
just one quick question, when you find the angle between a line and a plane why is it sometimes 90-theta and sometimes 180-theta?
Reply 194
Original post by Birkatron
just one quick question, when you find the angle between a line and a plane why is it sometimes 90-theta and sometimes 180-theta?

Depends on the direction of the vectors they've used.
Original post by Birkatron
C3 was horrendous! haha i got the same as you 80%, hoping for slightly more in C4 perhaps the same as C2 - 88% then i'd only need 52% in mechanics to get an A. hehehe :biggrin:

haha exact same pretty much

I need 141/200 in total, so I'm really hoping for 80%+ in C4...the comprehension is gonna screw me though!
Reply 198
does everyone think the comprehension is that hard? I've done one paper which wasn't that bad, as long as you get 14/15 out of 18 that should be fine. Although i agree it is a complete joke that we have to do it as part of c4! Also I really hope we don't get a section B vectors question, they can be horrible.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by Cravez
same, I think the comprehension is one of those things where you can either do very well in or completely fail, no midway. seems there are no vector questions in jan 11 so im going to revise that after.

there were two section A vector questions :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending