The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Ultimate St Andrews Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by fancyy
Hi,

I am going to stay at Albany Park and I still wonder what is provided in the room/house?

Do we really have to bring things like a blanket, a pillow and utensils such as for example a grater?

I can't imagine taking all those by plane... I know you can buy bedding from the University but what about other essential things? Are there shops in St Andrews to buy cutlery, plates etc.?

Hehe, me too, highfive fresher! Looking forward to meeting you there :smile: There are many shops to buy such things, you can go along the Market Street via Google Maps Steert View to see it yourself. And there's a Tesco for everything... :rolleyes:

Where are you from to come by plane? (I'm from Hungary) Sorry, curiosity...:smile:

Anyway, is there anybody, who could deal with this code? AP/0102 Albany Park What does it really mean? Thanks forward:wink:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Hi, I'm hopefully going to be a fresher this year, fingers crossed, and my boyfriend along with me. I was just wondering if he would count as a guest if he slept over as he will be part of the uni, just different halls. Both self catered btw.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
Reply 582
Original post by dubline

Anyway, is there anybody, who could deal with this code? AP/0102 Albany Park What does it really mean? Thanks forward:wink:

Tells you in the first post :wink: House 1, Room 2.

Original post by dream_merchant
Hi, I'm hopefully going to be a fresher this year, fingers crossed, and my boyfriend along with me. I was just wondering if he would count as a guest if he slept over as he will be part of the uni, just different halls. Both self catered btw.

Nah, it'll be fine and nobody of authority will really notice. People stay over at friend's all the time. As long as he doesn't basically move in.
Reply 583
Thank you, I've read it, but I couldn't figure this out somehow. Now as you decoded the numbers, it looks pretty obvious...:colondollar: Do you know anything about house 1?
Reply 584
Original post by dubline
Thank you, I've read it, but I couldn't figure this out somehow. Now as you decoded the numbers, it looks pretty obvious...:colondollar: Do you know anything about house 1?

Not really, sorry. All the houses are pretty similar though.
Reply 585
Okay, thanks. And good night, it's nearly time for vampires to attack sleepless people :biggrin:

(Ahh, it's 0:49 here)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 586
Original post by dubline

That was my old house last year. You get comfy sofas in the common room (I know a few other houses that have chairs only).

It faces the car park (bike shed to be exact) so you don't need to go wandering around the blocks to find it. A lot of people will remember where you are if youre from house 1 :wink:
Reply 587
Original post by Oxy
That was my old house last year. You get comfy sofas in the common room (I know a few other houses that have chairs only).

It faces the car park (bike shed to be exact) so you don't need to go wandering around the blocks to find it. A lot of people will remember where you are if youre from house 1 :wink:

That's great, thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Tells you in the first post :wink: House 1, Room 2.

Nah, it'll be fine and nobody of authority will really notice. People stay over at friend's all the time. As long as he doesn't basically move in.

Thank you :-) he wont move in. I'm going to uni to get a degree. It'll be nice having weekends or the odd night together though

Reply 589
I'm also in house 1,room 3.Are you allowed to bring a slow cooker?
Reply 590
Original post by raucous1

Yep :yep:
Reply 591
Original post by raucous1

Do you mean we are gonna be housemates? :biggrin:

The slow cooker sounds interesting. Like cut off the things to the slow cooker in the morning, and when you arrives later, fresh meal waits for you, because it cooks sooo sloow. :rolleyes:
Reply 592
Original post by dubline
Do you mean we are gonna be housemates? :biggrin:

Yeah, you guys will be living right next door to each other! :awesome:
Reply 593
Great :biggrin: A neighboor with sloows cooker!:cheers:

Will you mind if i play like this:bebored: in the evenings?

EDIT: which course are you attend to? Where are you from?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 594
Slow cookers are fantastic,my mum uses it all the time,just stick everything in and a few hours later you have a delicious meal.That's great we're going to be next door neighbours!I'm studying Gateway to Physics and Engineering,I'm from Dunfermline in Fife.What is your subject?
Reply 595
Fantastic, a scientist next doorer :biggrin: And Scottish self-catered, I'm very interested about your foods :rolleyes:

I study Chemistry, but phsyics is an equalently great subject, I love it :smile:

I have a feeling we're gonna be long walker mates too, as the science buildings are far-far away from AP. Or cycling mates..?
Reply 596
My friend is studying Chemistry,he's in 2nd year,really enjoying his course.I'm interested in learning about Hungarian food .Soon we'll be able to exchange recipes.I'm going to be bringing a bike but like walking as well.

Someone said there was space under the beds to store things.Is there room for those under bed storage boxes?
Reply 597
Lucky one, I have to buy a bike :biggrin: Is it possible to use it during winter? I mean, on icey roads it's quite dangerous to bike, isn't it?
Reply 598
It depends on the weather,it tends to be very wet and windy in the winter,could be icy as well.
Reply 599

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending