The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Originally posted by Unregistered
What happens if where i've pciked for my first choice uni (and have sent off) is now really where i dont want to go... i want to go to my second choice... but, im more than likely going to make the grades for the first choice.. is there anything i can do?

Thanks

Contact UCAS by phone ASAP and I'm sure they can sort it out. Just be quick and I'm sure it will be fine.
I agree that you should definately get in contact with UCAS. Otherwise you have to go to your first choice uni if you get the grades to go. You cant really turn them down and go to your second choice. If you cant get in contact with UCAS, you could always try contacting your second choice uni and see if they can help at all. Im sure it would be in their benefit to get extra students and they might have come across the problem before hand. If all else fails and you really want to go to this other uni, you could always try taking a year out and re-applying next year. That way you could change your first and second choices and you'd know what grade you obtained so you'd know where you could get into. You could use the year out to get some work experience in the area you wont to study or something like that. Or just use it to raise some extra money for during university. Many people I know have spent their loan and are know into their overdrafts but I have extra money from working which helps me stay well clear of my overdraft. Anyway hope you get it sorted out. Let us know how it went.

Helen Brownsell
Reply 3
If the worst comes to the worse you could always get a calculator and work out what grades you need on your last exams. Then underperform on certain modules. (Strongly Not Recommended).
Reply 4
For many years there have been unfilled places at universities. Generally, you can select a different uni at clearing anyway.

Personally, I don't see any problem with any university. It's always better these days to study closer to home though in order to stay home and reduce costs. It will, of course, cut down on both one's womanising and boozing - neither of which are good for the health (or wealth).

Unless you've been run out of town by the Mayor under threat of being tarred and feathered if you do return then I'd say go with your first choice uni.

R

Latest

Trending

Trending