The Student Room Group

Should I pursue a master in finance despite having mental illness?

I already have a masters in economics. I had bad grades in bachelors but did quite well in masters. I am thinking of getting a degree in finance from a good university since it is a professional degree. But from what I have heard is finance based jobs are stressful and I already suffer from anxiety disorder. Should I continue or find a job that's less stressful?
(edited 9 months ago)
Hi @masala_peanuts :smile:

Thank you for your question.

I think it is important for us to know our limits, but even though you might have some personal (health) problems, it is still good to pursue your dreams. I think the fact that SOME finance-based jobs are stressful, should not stop you from what you want to do. It might be a general rule, but you can always find easy finance job, not all of them have to stressful though.

Also, another fact is that if you communicate your issue to your employer after you start working there, you might benefit from it so they will do their best avoiding putting too much pressure on you, or they can adjust the workload according to your needs.

It is really up to you what you want to do. You can write a list of opportunities you want to take and then decide which one is best for you considering your health and wellbeing,

Hope I helped answering your question. :h:

Lucie,
PhD Student
Cranfield university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending