The Student Room Group

all night revision for edexcel politics unit 2 exam tomorow - joinnnn

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammyvine
Guys can you learn only 3 or the 4 topics?

Like can i learn the constitution, parliament and the judiciary?

Yeh learn three minimum or two if you want to risk a 1/3 chance of doing a question you haven't revised for.

Original post by marrythenight
I wished you all good luck. Calm down darling.

Just saying what I see and someone obviously agrees, I'am yet to neg you...
Reply 21
Guys can you learn only 3 or the 4 topics?

Like can i learn the constitution, parliament and the judiciary?

Yes.
Original post by Mr Einstein
Yeh learn three minimum or two if you want to risk a 1/3 chance of doing a question you haven't revised for.

Just saying what I see and someone obviously agrees, I'am yet to neg you...

Don't take out your frustration on me for your having not prepared for your exam, mr man!
Reply 23
How much revision have you lot done?

Am i right in saying the Judiciary is the hardest so i should leave that out?

I don't think the Constitution will come up as it came up in January
Reply 24
How much revision have you lot done?

Am i right in saying the Judiciary is the hardest so i should leave that out?

I don't think the Constitution will come up as it came up in January

They will all come up.
Don't take out your frustration on me for your having not prepared for your exam, mr man!

I'm hardly frusrated, I'm just normally a very angry person? :curious: (I don't care about GnP why do you think I'm on TSR now!)

Maybe you should have a look at what you posted again; telling people who have spent 4 months preparing for an exam that you covered it in one week and it was easy, sounds arrogant and boastful especially since you have no idea of the depth we have covered the topics in relation to what you did.
Original post by Mr Einstein
I'm hardly frusrated, I'm just normally a very angry person? :curious: (I don't care about GnP why do you think I'm on TSR now!)

Maybe you should have a look at what you posted again; telling people who have spent 4 months preparing for an exam that you covered it in one week and it was easy, sounds arrogant and boastful especially since you have no idea of the depth we have covered the topics in relation to what you did.

Haha seriously, calm down dear!

I'm just saying that when you get to university level, you are able to cover these topics in a very short period of time - that's what you have to look forward to.

Congratulations for your efforts though, shame you don't care about your exam.
Reply 27

I'm just saying that when you get to university level, you are able to cover these topics in a very short period of time - that's what you have to look forward to.

Calm down girl!

Ok thanks, whatever. I don't get why you keep telling me to calm down though?

Calm down girl!

LOL
Reply 29
im going to take a risk and only revise two
Constitution and Parliment
I havnt really got the time to learn and memorise another topic
Reply 30
Original post by Junaid16
They will all come up.

Hmmm the constitution won't come up!
Reply 31
Original post by ASmith10
im going to take a risk and only revise two
Constitution and Parliment
I havnt really got the time to learn and memorise another topic

Have you done any revision?
Try and squeeze a third in.

That is very risky you know.

What time you looking to revise till?
Reply 32
Edexcel sounds rough. With AQA, all 4 topics will definitely come up and we just have to pick two of them, so we can just revise the two topics we want.
Is anyone doing CCEA political power?
Original post by Attlee
Edexcel sounds rough. With AQA, all 4 topics will definitely come up and we just have to pick two of them, so we can just revise the two topics we want.

All topics come up but it has a weird set up. there are two sections and each section has two questions, so all four come up but you have to do two questions one from each section and you don't know which sections the topics will come up in
I;m doing this for AQA!
I'm really not looking forward to it though, we've only been taught the constitution/judiciary and parliament, and tbf, they were actually pretty interesting..just the way they pose the essays really confuse me
:/
Reply 36
Have you done any revision?
Try and squeeze a third in.

That is very risky you know.

What time you looking to revise till?

I just started 2 days ago, Ive made notes on Parliament and Constitution but i cant seem to memorise it, i keep going over and writing them out again and again and again, but its not going in for some reason :/
Reply 37
Original post by ASmith10
I just started 2 days ago, Ive made notes on Parliament and Constitution but i cant seem to memorise it, i keep going over and writing them out again and again and again, but its not going in for some reason :/

Hmmm,

Try past questions and go over the executive.

Don't revise 2. How long you gonna stay up for?
Reply 38
Original post by inmyownmadworld
I;m doing this for AQA!
I'm really not looking forward to it though, we've only been taught the constitution/judiciary and parliament, and tbf, they were actually pretty interesting..just the way they pose the essays really confuse me
:/

I'm with you on this, I don't like the way the questions are phrased. I often know the stuff, but don't know what they're asking for, if that makes sense?

I've found it useful to look at the past papers and then look at the mark schemes, because they tell you exactly what they're looking for, so it gives you an idea of how the examiners are thinking.

What I've noticed is that for questions b and c, they're looking for an understanding of the institutions, theories and people involved and then your arguments or explanation (whatever they ask for). Also, think of the relevant keywords and get those in there.
yo guys

pretty sure im gonna fail this one eek!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending