The Student Room Group

all night revision for edexcel politics unit 2 exam tomorow - joinnnn

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammyvine
Hmmm the constitution won't come up!

whoever think it wont come up please dont come here tmrw and cry because it willcome up!! or have u seen the exam paper in advance:biggrin:
never mind im staying up all night i need to go over parliament again and then do a few essays on Pm to back up
Don't know which exam board i'm with! Only revising constitution, parliament and PM & executive. Our teacher didn't teach us judiciary.

Anyone know what came up in Jan and what is likely to come up?

I think i'm pretty screwed.
ME.

fml. i know nothing. i haven't even opened the edexcel book up. i have no recent examples to use. i'm dying, literally.
Original post by lace-rules
All Nighter = Tiredness + Coffee = Half asleep brain = Fail.

All Nighter = Tiredness + Coffee = Fail + Needing to pee badly in the exam.
Reply 44
I've given up revising, cant wait for it to be over and till I can drop politics.
oh ive wasted my life....
Original post by Attlee
I'm with you on this, I don't like the way the questions are phrased. I often know the stuff, but don't know what they're asking for, if that makes sense?

I've found it useful to look at the past papers and then look at the mark schemes, because they tell you exactly what they're looking for, so it gives you an idea of how the examiners are thinking.

What I've noticed is that for questions b and c, they're looking for an understanding of the institutions, theories and people involved and then your arguments or explanation (whatever they ask for). Also, think of the relevant keywords and get those in there.

I know what you mean, and sometimes I've found the mark schemes ask you for something that you wouldn't even normally think to include or think is relevent, alot of 'thinking outside the box' (aha) is required i'd say.
and I agree with you on the b and c questions.
Reply 47
How ya'll getting on?

On a break, will carry on at 11pm for 45 mins then i'm going to bed!
Original post by Mr Einstein

Original post by Mr Einstein
know nothing --> FAIL

All Nighter --> know something --> Tiredness --> Coffee --> SUCCESS

LOL xD totally true! Couldn't have said it any better myself ;D
Guysss, here's something that may be useful..

For the past two papers the Judiciary has been coming up as a 40 mark question and the cabinet as a source question; so for tomorrow's paper I think it's highly likely that the Judiciary will be a source and the cabinet a 40 marker.. The constitution, however, could come up on either..

Didn't check for Parliament because I'm not revising that topic (:

This is only relevant to those doing Edexcel btw
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
Im going to spend time until 3 memorising everything ive made notes on etc
Then from 3 to 6 im going to attempt to learn from scratch judicary as i have only revised two topics
Do you think 3 hours is enough time?
Reply 52
Original post by ASmith10
Im going to spend time until 3 memorising everything ive made notes on etc
Then from 3 to 6 im going to attempt to learn from scratch judicary as i have only revised two topics
Do you think 3 hours is enough time?

I presume you're doing Edexcel? I'm doing AQA but my notes on the Judiciary might be of some use to you.
i think 3 hours is fine.....but i would recommend Pm and cabinet and not judiciary because its completly different...but if u start reading PM its relevant to parliament and some of the stuff u knw already also its easier and much shorter good luck
Reply 54
Original post by S119234
All Nighter = Tiredness + Coffee = Fail + Needing to pee badly in the exam.

hahahahhaahhahahahahhahaha you are sooooo funny. NOT!
Original post by kabolin

Original post by kabolin
hahahahhaahhahahahahhahaha you are sooooo funny. NOT!

I like how you went through my posts to find one that you could comment on.

Some man you are lol, or some small child in primary school should I say...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending