The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Manna Ash House 2011/2012

I looked like we're the only halls that didn't have a thread for this year :frown: So I decided to get the ball rolling :P

What's everyone studying, and which college are you gonna be at?
I'm taking Creative Advertising at LCC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its about time Manna Ash has a thread :smile:
I'll be studying Journalism at LCC!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Aha good idea! I'm doing Film & TV at LCC
Anyone else really, really hoping for one of the rooms with a view of the london eye!? *_*
Reply 3
Original post by Gamistar
Aha good idea! I'm doing Film & TV at LCC
Anyone else really, really hoping for one of the rooms with a view of the london eye!? *_*

Ah I want one of those rooms too! They always use it to promote the halls :P
with my luck I'll be lumbered with a view of the Southwark branch of Chicken Ranch :frown:
Reply 4
OOoo yey, does anyone know when we get room an flat allocations? Im doing creative direction for fashion at LCF...
Reply 5
Oh well, I guess at least if you get a view of chicken ranch it's probably a more representitive view of London...
No idea when we get flat allocations (must be soon though mustn't it? I know Manna Ash is already full...), but has everyone picked their move-in dates? I went for the 11th...
Reply 6
I'm moving in on the 11th too :smile:
Reply 7
Hi guys ! I'm doing BA illustration at Camberwell !!! Anyone staying at Manna ash and studying at Camberwell too ? Can't wait really ! I'm moving on the 11th too.
Reply 8
Hii I'm studying Magazine publishing at LCC! Bring on September!! Hope Manna Ash is filled with people up for partying :smile: xx
Reply 9
Woo, party application forms :P
Original post by Rossical

hey im doing international fashion management at lcf. We are so lucky we've got the best one, some of those horror stories from other halls sounded terriifying! Can't wait for manna ash partayys, bring on 11th september!
Reply 11
Can't wait to move down :smile:
I'm going to be studying BA Graphic and Media design at LCC and move in on the 11th
:biggrin:
can't wait for a decent halls party :3
I'll be doing international fashion management at LCF! So glad to have got Manna Ash!!
Reply 13
FDA graphic communication LCC
moving in on the 11th well up for it
Reply 14
I'm doing BA Fashion Journalism at LCF! I heard that we don't get allocated until our move in day? Anyone heard the same / know if that's true?
Reply 15
I don't know but surely if they're allocating everyone on their move in day and most people seem to have picked the 11th, won't they be a bit rushed dealing with everyone? I think it would make more sense if they figured it out beforehand :/
Hey so I was in London this week and managed to get time to go down to manna ash. The guy there said it's usually about a week before we move in that we get allocations but I'm not sure how true that is. The staff on reception seemed quite abrupt but yeah, hope that helps!
Reply 17
Original post by shanrandhawa
Hey so I was in London this week and managed to get time to go down to manna ash. The guy there said it's usually about a week before we move in that we get allocations but I'm not sure how true that is. The staff on reception seemed quite abrupt but yeah, hope that helps!

Hii there :smile:

How did the halls look? I understand you might not have been able to see inside any rooms but what was the area around the halls like and stuff? As much/Any detail would be fabbb!
Reply 18
I called up Manna to ask and they said they start allocating rooms around august, in conjunction with level of degree, age and college so that we share with like minded people, if that helps xx
Original post by Grange22
Hii there :smile:

How did the halls look? I understand you might not have been able to see inside any rooms but what was the area around the halls like and stuff? As much/Any detail would be fabbb!

Hey, yeah I did. It's the second time I've seen them. Took my parents this time. So it's off a main road which is handy, literally a 2 minute wall to southwark tube and ten mins from Waterloo. The area ok, close to everything. The halls are typically what u would expect of Uni halls. Clean, blank canvases. I think they will be better when we move in and make our rooms more homey obviously. The street we live on isn't amazing but there is like gates leading into the accommodation and swipe card access so it's all secure. The common room is
Downstairs by reception and students I spoke to said it's not really used
That much as it's effort to come down so people usually hang out in each others
Rooms and kitchens. Aswell, the kitchens have to fridges, two fridges, quite a
Bit of storage space and then individual cupboards for each flatmate that have locks on them! The only thing is the wardrobe space is tiny! Haha hope that helps:smile: are u on Facebook? I'm Shan Randhawa, add me if u like!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending