The Student Room Group

Second Tuition Loan

I would like to change career from Veterinary Nursing into Computer Science, as my body cannot continue to wrestle dogs for too much longer.

The problem is, I have already received 4 years of student loan. In 2006 I started a BA degree but left the course in the first year. I went onto complete a Foundation degree in 2011 and top-up BA in 2012 but I left before I competed the top-up course. I possibly have ADHD and/or autism, and I have struggled in the past.
I received a Advanced Learner Loan in 2013 to complete my Diploma in Veterinary Nursing and passed the course with no issues. Although, I don't think this should be a problem .

Is there any chance of receiving a second loan for tuition?
I would prefer to complete a Master's in Computer Science (undergraduate plus Master's degree in one course) rather than a part-time degree but I will do whatever I need to.

Do I have any hope?
Original post by NatRed
I would like to change career from Veterinary Nursing into Computer Science, as my body cannot continue to wrestle dogs for too much longer.

The problem is, I have already received 4 years of student loan. In 2006 I started a BA degree but left the course in the first year. I went onto complete a Foundation degree in 2011 and top-up BA in 2012 but I left before I competed the top-up course. I possibly have ADHD and/or autism, and I have struggled in the past.
I received a Advanced Learner Loan in 2013 to complete my Diploma in Veterinary Nursing and passed the course with no issues. Although, I don't think this should be a problem .

Is there any chance of receiving a second loan for tuition?
I would prefer to complete a Master's in Computer Science (undergraduate plus Master's degree in one course) rather than a part-time degree but I will do whatever I need to.

Do I have any hope?

Hi NatRed,

Can you confirm if your 4 years previous study was all full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire.

My previous studies were all full time.

Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi NatRed,

Can you confirm if your 4 years previous study was all full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire.

My previous studies were all full-time.

I left due to anxiety and depression, which I have on my medical history, and I suffered an incident during my first year at university but I don't have medical history to prove this.

Thank you.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending