The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Manna Ash House 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone, my name's Oli Collins and i'll be studying Graphic Design at Camberwell. I'll be living in Manna Ash House and moving in on the 11th. Look forward to meeting you there!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by shanrandhawa
Hey, yeah I did. It's the second time I've seen them. Took my parents this time. So it's off a main road which is handy, literally a 2 minute wall to southwark tube and ten mins from Waterloo. The area ok, close to everything. The halls are typically what u would expect of Uni halls. Clean, blank canvases. I think they will be better when we move in and make our rooms more homey obviously. The street we live on isn't amazing but there is like gates leading into the accommodation and swipe card access so it's all secure. The common room is
Downstairs by reception and students I spoke to said it's not really used
That much as it's effort to come down so people usually hang out in each others
Rooms and kitchens. Aswell, the kitchens have to fridges, two fridges, quite a
Bit of storage space and then individual cupboards for each flatmate that have locks on them! The only thing is the wardrobe space is tiny! Haha hope that helps:smile: are u on Facebook? I'm Shan Randhawa, add me if u like!x

Thanks a bunch for the detailed response :smile:

Hii everyone,

I have a dilemma!! Anyone's/As many people's help would be FAB!!
So my next instalment date for manna ash is the 11/09/11 but my loans/grants and all that don't come through until the 26/09/11
What am I suppose to do?
I mean, I am lucky in the sense that i could get my parents to lend it me until my loans come through, but surely sancutuary housing must know we don't get our loans until this date? It's just an unnecessary stress.

Has anyone else found this too?
Reply 22
I think it's a common problem, I know people at a few unis having similar issues with not getting their loans/grants in time... :/ I've been lucky enough to borrow off my parents too.
As an aside, anyone know if we have to bring our own kettles/toasters? Was just thinking having a line of 6-7 kettles would be quite funny if nothing else xD
Original post by Gamistar
I think it's a common problem, I know people at a few unis having similar issues with not getting their loans/grants in time... :/ I've been lucky enough to borrow off my parents too.
As an aside, anyone know if we have to bring our own kettles/toasters? Was just thinking having a line of 6-7 kettles would be quite funny if nothing else xD

im guessing it'd be best to wait til we move in and then all chip in for a kettle/toaster? i plan on getting a travel kettle in my room as i can't function in the morning without coffee!
Anyone want to swap their hall for Emily Bowes? I'm looking or something closer to camberwell....pls get in touch at kriti.utopia(at)gmail..or post here
Reply 25
anyone know when we should get our room allocations?
Reply 26
Anyone going to Manna Ash House want to swap for a place at Ewen Henderson Court? If you're interested email me at charlton(dot)jamie(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Grange22
Thanks a bunch for the detailed response :smile:

Hii everyone,

I have a dilemma!! Anyone's/As many people's help would be FAB!!
So my next instalment date for manna ash is the 11/09/11 but my loans/grants and all that don't come through until the 26/09/11
What am I suppose to do?
I mean, I am lucky in the sense that i could get my parents to lend it me until my loans come through, but surely sancutuary housing must know we don't get our loans until this date? It's just an unnecessary stress.

Has anyone else found this too?

I've got exactly the same problem but cant borrow off my parents lol
they said to me i can do a delayed payment, as in, pay the first four weeks then the rest when my loan comes in....but four weeks worth is £620 so i emailed them back saying i can do that either. I'm struggling to understand why they cant do what a normal Halls does and take the payment when the loan goes in...

anyone else had any issues? and how have you got around it?
cheeeeeeeers
Original post by starcorea
Anyone going to Manna Ash House want to swap for a place at Ewen Henderson Court? If you're interested email me at charlton(dot)jamie(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks :smile:

Hello, I have E-mailed you about swapping halls to Manna Ash because I want to live at Ewen Henderson Court.

Thank you.
Reply 29
Hello! does anybody know if Manna Ash is a nice place for a postgrade student? I don't really know what's the right hall for me, but it looks pretty close to the LCC.

Thank you.
Original post by atkins567
FDA graphic communication LCC
moving in on the 11th well up for it

Meee tooo i got offered a conditional :biggrin: for the same course sooo excited :smile:
Reply 31
BA illustration at LCC!
anyone else moving in on the 9th sept?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending