The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sneijder roumors cooled off. Why?
Reply 581
Original post by Kevmeister
Hargreaves is described as 'semi-retired' on wiki now. :sad: ... :moon:

Has Fergie mentioned Cleverly and where he sees his future? As in what position he envisages him playing? He could be a runner from midfield.....

So long to go, so much waiting. *stress*

I dunno, i'm struggling to see Cleverley having much of an impact on proper games. We've got so much quality on the wings, and if we bring someone in so much quantity in the middle.

Nani/Valencia/Young/Park. 2 of those will play in the league and CL, rotated based on form, fitness and tactics.

New guy/Carrick/Fletcher/Anderson/Giggs. Usually 2, sometimes 3, of those will be selected in the league and CL, again rotated. Edit- possibly Jones as well, I suppose a bit depends on Jonny Evans' future (I hope he stays).

Giggs and especially Park can swap categories.

When Cleverley gets his chances in the cups he'll have to make a ****ing big impression because he has a lot of competition. Personally I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's capable of displacing any of the above players yet. Could well end up being frozen out and finding a new club in January or next summer. :dontknow: Maybe if he doesn't impress during pre-season (matches and training) SAF could decide to give him to Wigan for a year again.

At least with Welbeck you can say that with Owen's injuries he'll be 4th choice striker for a lot of the season, and (assuming Chica starts most games) given Berba's record from the bench Welbeck could end up being the impact sub up front.
(edited 12 years ago)
Cleverly is pretty much in the same position as Young. Used out wide but cuts infield. Hes naturally a central midfielder, thats where he played at Watford when he went ther on loan i beleive. Last pre season and at Wigan he played out wide. I dont think he'll be used in midfield. He'll be able to get chances at the start of the season if Valencia is going to be given a rest for participating in the Copa America. Otherwise i see him playing wide left cutting infield.
Who else is at the CA? Anyone?

And yes, it will be tough for Cleverly to break into the team. I was just wondering if Fergie mentioned him.....
Just valencia from united.
Anyone got a season ticket for next season?
Can't afford one currently, I got offered one though.....

Some sources are saying £25m is Nasri's price, I'd take him at that price.
Also talks about the challenge of Barcelona + thoughts on Wayne Rooney
Reply 589
Scholes has become quite chatty since retirement.
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun

Anyone got a season ticket for next season?

Anyone who wants one can get one. Theyre on general sale no matter what the club would have you believe.
Original post by xDave-
Scholes has become quite chatty since retirement.

yeah, great stuff. He's very insightful
Clichy has gone to Man ****ty - do you think Nasri will follow?
Clichy has gone to Man ****ty - do you think Nasri will follow?

He;s definitely going IMO.

Whether it's to Man City or us is anyone's guess
Original post by Theconomist
Sneijder roumors cooled off. Why?

This seems to be the way Fergie acts, if he wants it done, best to keep it quiet and work behind the scenes. I really hope he is going for him, I can't think of a more perfectly suited player for our squad, with him and the great youth talent we have, maybe we will give Barca a run for their money?
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
He;s definitely going IMO.

Whether it's to Man City or us is anyone's guess

Arsene has apparently said that he will only go abroad if he is sold. Sucks, he'd make a great addition.
Scholes taking lessons from Evra. :jester:
Arsene has apparently said that he will only go abroad if he is sold. Sucks, he'd make a great addition.
He can say that all he likes, its not going to be his choice. The whole reason he is selling him is because he can't afford to let him go for free, Nasri can effectively choose which club he signs for assuming they have realistic offers on the table. He has to agree personal terms with any club, if Arsenal accept an Inter offer and Nari rejects it, they can either sell to a club who Nasri will accept or keep him until he deal runs out. Kind of a hollow victory refusing to sell this summer for £20m so he can leave for the same destination in Jan for £8m or Summer for free.

Also I think Scholes is just promoting his testimonial more than turning into a full time WUM.
(edited 12 years ago)
Contrary to what Arsenal fans want or will have you believe, there are not that many suitors for Nasri at this moment in time - Real do not need him having signed Sahin, and are being linked to Tevez atm; Barca are moving for certain other players. Inter have just signed Alvarez..... that leaves Milan and rival PL teams. Milan are shrewd buyers and won't start a bidding war or get involved in one, and if Nasri makes it clear he wants to move to another PL then it's up to Arsene, sell him or lose him for free....... or convince him to sign a new deal.
Milan will sign Ganso.

Nasri will leave to where he feels like. Wenger and Arsenal are in no position to choose, he shouldnt have left him with a year left on his contract with no silverware/marquee signings to show ambition. And what with Modric and the other Midfield targets looking incredibly unlikely and expensive, Nasri could turn out to be a great buy. Or this could all be a big media hype which will make Wenger look top by making Nasri sign a new deal.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest