The Student Room Group

Just made a bet with a rival fan.

For the next semester, myself as a Liverpool fan has made a bet with a Manchester United fan in a maths module we will do together.
After the midterm exam, whoever with the lower mark needs to sing one of their compatriot's chants. I will make him sing our signature European run chant, Allez Allez Allez.
After the final exam, whoever with the lower mark needs to perform a full cover of their compatriot's anthem in their full kit, as both of us play an instrument. I will do a full cover of Glory Glory Man Utd on piano if I get lower marks, while he will perform YNWA on guitar.
The Liverpool - Manchester United rivalry is now extended to our studies, so we will now strive for the best as defeat feels bad in this.
Sounds like a great way of motivating both of you to try the best that you possibly can in your exams. :cool:
Any chance of adding an extra condition that involves uploading the audio/video files to TSR or youtube? :cheers:
Good luck in your revision and exams!
Reply 2
I just couldn't haha. I'd sooner pay to charity than sing a United song.
Reply 3
In case Liverpool beats United with Jota scoring the winning goal, and I score much higher than him in the midterm exam, I will make him sing the "Oh, he wears the number 20" chant.
Original post by 8013
For the next semester, myself as a Liverpool fan has made a bet with a Manchester United fan in a maths module we will do together.
After the midterm exam, whoever with the lower mark needs to sing one of their compatriot's chants. I will make him sing our signature European run chant, Allez Allez Allez.
After the final exam, whoever with the lower mark needs to perform a full cover of their compatriot's anthem in their full kit, as both of us play an instrument. I will do a full cover of Glory Glory Man Utd on piano if I get lower marks, while he will perform YNWA on guitar.
The Liverpool - Manchester United rivalry is now extended to our studies, so we will now strive for the best as defeat feels bad in this.

You’ll be singing Glory, Glory Manchester United ❤️.
Original post by 8013
In case Liverpool beats United with Jota scoring the winning goal, and I score much higher than him in the midterm exam, I will make him sing the "Oh, he wears the number 20" chant.

Not before Ronaldo scores first!!!!
Reply 6
Unfortunately, the midterm exam is cancelled, so I have changed a bit on the bet.
Whoever with the lower overall mark needs to sing 5 of their compatriot’s chants, and post the video onto YouTube.

My list for him will be as follows:
Oh, he wears the number 20
Allez Allez Allez
Mo Salah Running Down the wing
He’s Virgil Van Dijk
Si Senor

And he gave me this list:
Viva Ronaldo
Bruno Bruno Bruno
Steve Gerrard Gerrard he slipped on his f**ing arse
United are the team for me
Tony Martial he came from France
Reply 7
I suffered from the Viva Ronaldo punishment again! Oh no!
Reply 8
As I got into the same major with some Man Utd fans, this bet continues, BUT it is on aggregate for all the modules we have in common.

At the end of the semester, whoever with the lower mark needs to sing 5 of their compatriot's chants, or perform a full cover of their compatriot's anthem.

My list of Liverpool chants for them to be sung are:
I'm so glad that Jurgen is a red
Oh, he wears the number 20
Allez allez allez
Mo Salah running down the wing
Oh Manchester is full of **** (for the best humiliation)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Now the bet has changed again. After I got C in a module, I had the ultimate embarrassment of singing Glory Glory Man Utd and sending the recording to all of the Utd fans in my contacts. This was because on the day after the grade was out, Liverpool lost to Utd. The Utd fans all said NICE.
And I am breezing through the class material for all my modules this semester.
The bet is now as follows:
After a quiz or midterm exam, whoever with the lower score needs to sing one of their compatriot's chants. And after the whole semester, whoever with the lower aggregate score (in all modules combined) needs to perform a full cover of their compatriot's anthem in a full kit.
Reply 10
I won the first bet on the mech2020 quiz after getting a perfect score, and one of the Utd fans had to sing the "Oh, he wears the number 20" chant.
Then there are three midterms with Utd fan classmates, and if I score higher than them, I will ask the Utd fans to sing the "I'm so glad that Jurgen is a red" chant.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
I just won another bet on a quiz!
As a result a Manchester United fan has to sing the Firmino chant!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Currently it is:
Liverpool 4-1 Manchester United, going into the finals.

Individual scores:
Mech2020 quiz 1: Liverpool 100-90 Manchester United
Mech2020 quiz 2: Liverpool 100-95 Manchester United
Elec2420 midterm: Liverpool 65-83 Manchester United
Mech2310 midterm: Liverpool 98-90 Manchester United
Mech2020 quiz 3: Liverpool 100-98 Manchester United

Elec2420 final score is coming out next morning. Will it be 4-2 or 5-1? (There are only two more finals after that, if it's 5-1, I will win the bet and the Manchester United fans have to sing YNWA)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
I have just won the bet!
Liverpool 5-1 Manchester United

As there are just two more exams yet to release their marks, I have officially won and the man utd fans will suffer this semester!
Reply 14
It's back this semester, and I delivered the first blood to the Man Utd fan!
It's a 64-28 in heat transfer!

Quick Reply

Latest