The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanmufc
Anderson,Nani?

No.
Reply 781
Last season was without doubt Nanis best but it still had its ups and down, he's not a player you can rely on to perform and he isn't great defensively. Valencia just strolled back into the right midfield after coming back from a bad injury and even took the position in the Champions league final. I'm not saying United should get rid of him because he's a bad player but for someone that got branded 'the next Ronaldo' when we signed him his improvement is alot slower than Ronaldo was, obviously theyre not clones and different player.

Also with the signing of Young who is actually right footed it makes you think, especially when Nani is getting linked with team like Juve and Bayern. Anderson is a different story he seems off the pace half the time when he's fit. And unless a key/big player is sold then its not really generating much cash to buy a 'marquee' signing; O'shea, Brown have left for peanuts and Gibson will be lucky to fetch £5million
Look...Just as long as Gibson is sold, I don't care who we sign.
I'll carry him anywhere that wants him for 5m+.
Reply 783
Last season was without doubt Nanis best but it still had its ups and down, he's not a player you can rely on to perform and he isn't great defensively. Valencia just strolled back into the right midfield after coming back from a bad injury and even took the position in the Champions league final. I'm not saying United should get rid of him because he's a bad player but for someone that got branded 'the next Ronaldo' when we signed him his improvement is alot slower than Ronaldo was, obviously theyre not clones and different player.

Also with the signing of Young who is actually right footed it makes you think, especially when Nani is getting linked with team like Juve and Bayern. Anderson is a different story he seems off the pace half the time when he's fit. And unless a key/big player is sold then its not really generating much cash to buy a 'marquee' signing; O'shea, Brown have left for peanuts and Gibson will be lucky to fetch £5million

Ronaldo was pretty average for his first few seasons even with a regular spot in the team which Nani hasn't had because of the competition he's had.

Ronaldo started to kick off towards the end of 05/06 when him and Rooney almost carried us with Ruud out of the team. Quite similar to Nani 09/10.

Ronaldo really became the player he is in 06/07 in which he was unbelievable and a total transformation. Nani's had a similar revelation- but that doesn't mean that Nani was as good a player as Ronaldo was that season and I doubt he ever will be. That's not a bad thing as Ronaldo is one of the all time greats but Nani is more than good enough.
Reply 784
I wish Nani was from anywhere but Portugal, and from any club but Sporting. Maybe then he'd get the appreciation he deserves. Fantastic player.
Original post by Louis.
I wish Nani was from anywhere but Portugal, and from any club but Sporting. Maybe then he'd get the appreciation he deserves. Fantastic player.

This. So much.
Reply 786

Ronaldo is probably United's best ever player. Nani is a great player, I rate him more than Valencia.
Reply 787
Original post by MoMatrix
Ronaldo is probably United's best ever player. Nani is a great player, I rate him more than Valencia.

George Best.
Reply 788

Nicky Butt.
Original post by Louis.

Well said again Louis. You're fast becoming my favourite poster on here. :biggrin:
Original post by Colonel.
Nicky Butt.

This. Pele rates Nicky too. :sexface:

I don't believe best ever player debates are worthwhile, tbh, as nobody has had a good look at Best or Edwards, Charlton or Law and so on. Best of a certain era is a better, easier one to have, and Ronaldo is without doubt the best player to put on the shirt during Ferguson's reign.

Djemba-Djemba
Reply 792
If we do sign a new midfielder what does this mean for Anderson?
We've all been waiting for him to stand up but he hasn't really. He was good last season in the few games he played at home.. but can he make it?

Fletcher and Carrick have committed to new contracts so are surely in SAF's plans so where does this leave Anderson? With Pogba and Morrison coming through his future really is starting to look bleak.
Reply 793
If Gibson gets pushed out the door and we bring in a new decent midfielder it will in my opinion have been a ****ing amazing summer.
Anderson signed a new contract not long ago. He has a future, without a shadow of a doubt. Carrick is getting on a bit, and I doubt he'll get another contract. Anderson played quite well towards the end of the season, a good pre-season and he should be flying. A squad is needed to challenge on all fronts in this day and age, and Anderson is a good player to have in the squad.
Reply 795
Carrick signed a 3 year deal in March, so he's here for a while.

I feel this is the season where Anderson really needs to step up, he'll be 24 next season and should be getting towards his peak. The thing is that I haven't really seen a development in his game. He was very impressive in his 1st season especially when he played with Hargreaves (e.g. Liverpool at Anfield) but hasn't really improved that much ever since.
I never said Carrick wasn't going to be here, I just don't envisage him getting another deal of the same length again, if he gets another deal at all. In the next year or two we will see Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe push into the first team squad, eventually pushing out Carrick and possibly Park.

Anderson has been unlucky with injuries in the last two seasons, but he has shown signs of improvement - he even scored some goals.
Reply 797
Well fair enough but I feel Carrick can play for a long time so he might get another deal. He's a very clever player and superb passer and was for me one of our best players since March.

Depends how SAF sees it, at the moment it would seem that Carrick, Fletcher and Giggs are all in front of him in the pecking order for the central midfield spot.
Reply 798
Original post by Kevmeister
I never said Carrick wasn't going to be here, I just don't envisage him getting another deal of the same length again, if he gets another deal at all. In the next year or two we will see Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe push into the first team squad, eventually pushing out Carrick and possibly Park.

Anderson has been unlucky with injuries in the last two seasons, but he has shown signs of improvement - he even scored some goals.

If Morrison doesnt get into more trouble that is. Morrison, Tunclifee and Pogba are completely different players to Carrick and Park so im guessing there will still be space for those two in the squad.
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
What we need is a player who can get hold of that midfield and control it. Not someone who can develop into a player so we can sell on. With a player like Sneijder who was so pivotal to Inters treble season, you have a quality player, doesnt matter if he has no PL experience, quality players can cope with changing style of football.
There are plenty of examples of CM's who have come the PL and not managed to cope with the change in pace from the Italian/Spanish leagues. He won't have the time and space he is used to playing with. I have no doubt he is good enough to cope, but I don't necessarily think he will adapt right away.

Latest