The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theconomist
lol, rooney

Inter's overall wage bill is bigger, and Eto'o and Sneijder both get more than Rooney.

Go suck on a lemon.
Reply 1381
This turd supports Arsenal, he'll **** off soon when they bottle everything again.
Original post by VQG
This turd supports Arsenal, he'll **** off soon when they bottle everything again.

He doesn't support Arsenal, he's a Barca fan, apparently.

He's a seasoned troll.
Reply 1383
Original post by Kevmeister
He doesn't support Arsenal, he's a Barca fan, apparently.

He's a seasoned troll.

That part cracked me up, hahaha. What a compliment.
Original post by Yawn-er
That part cracked me up, hahaha. What a compliment.

Are you calling me a troll? :erm:
Reply 1385
Are you calling me a troll? :erm:

Nah, just a gifted describer of people.
Original post by Yawn-er
Nah, just a gifted describer of people.

Oh right. :colondollar:

Do you fancy your team for the league? McEachran looks like a great prospect.
Reply 1387
Oh right. :colondollar:

Do you fancy your team for the league? McEachran looks like a great prospect.

It was horrific watching us play last season... felt like we lacked the motivation and the desire to win, and I was just sat watching every match pissed off as hell. But we look so much better now in pre-season, every player is going for the ball and passing it well, to the extent that I dont think we need to strengthen the team with any buys... the AVB effect, I think.

But you guys have strengthened, and tbh, I think it'll be an impressive feat if we do beat you. You're like a train that just keeps chugging along all the time... it'll come down to how many injuries we get and how well Torres does. He's been looking confident and lively lately... taking a punt on him in my fantasy team, haha.

And yeah, McEachran is amazing. I'm holding my breath hoping he doesnt let it all get to his head though... he's been like an iceman, hardly showing emotion on the pitch and just passing it well. As long as he keeps his head down, he'll do well. I half want him to be kept in isolation from the media...
Original post by Yawn-er
It was horrific watching us play last season... felt like we lacked the motivation and the desire to win, and I was just sat watching every match pissed off as hell. But we look so much better now in pre-season, every player is going for the ball and passing it well, to the extent that I dont think we need to strengthen the team with any buys... the AVB effect, I think.

But you guys have strengthened, and tbh, I think it'll be an impressive feat if we do beat you. You're like a train that just keeps chugging along all the time... it'll come down to how many injuries we get and how well Torres does. He's been looking confident and lively lately... taking a punt on him in my fantasy team, haha.

And yeah, McEachran is amazing. I'm holding my breath hoping he doesnt let it all get to his head though... he's been like an iceman, hardly showing emotion on the pitch and just passing it well. As long as he keeps his head down, he'll do well. I half want him to be kept in isolation from the media...

A potential problem is if you win the league then AVB has the same problem Carlo had, the key is keeping them motivated, to keep winning trophies.

It'll be an interesting title race, everyone has strengthened in one way or another. You have a new manager, City have signed Aguero and others, Utd have strengthened and as you said we just have the habit of doing just enough most of the time. Arsenal look to have signed well in Gervinho, while some point to defensive lapses for their woes they also lacked creativity in some matches.... Liverpool have an outside chance of a challenge, if they get some form going then momentum could mean a push is possible.

Haha, too late for that wish. Two articles on The Times site about Josh - one about how he could be key for England whilst the other says he could be the missing link for your lot.
Reply 1389
A potential problem is if you win the league then AVB has the same problem Carlo had, the key is keeping them motivated, to keep winning trophies.

It'll be an interesting title race, everyone has strengthened in one way or another. You have a new manager, City have signed Aguero and others, Utd have strengthened and as you said we just have the habit of doing just enough most of the time. Arsenal look to have signed well in Gervinho, while some point to defensive lapses for their woes they also lacked creativity in some matches.... Liverpool have an outside chance of a challenge, if they get some form going then momentum could mean a push is possible.

Haha, too late for that wish. Two articles on The Times site about Josh - one about how he could be key for England whilst the other says he could be the missing link for your lot.

I dont think that'll be as much of a concern next season though. Lamps and Drogba would definitely be on the decline then, and they wouldnt have as much of an impact then. If they're not on form/not bothered, the team falters significantly. I have a feeling Terry will be around for a while longer. AVB seems like a natural motivator/speaker, which Ancelotti wasnt, really. He was more laid-back and expected the players to motivate themselves. The language barrier didnt really help matters.

City will definitely be dangerous. Silva and Yaya Toure will carry them, and I wouldnt be surprised if they beat us to second place, although I would hate it! Don't think much of Arsenal at the moment, especially if/when they lose Fabregas. Van Persie will have to carry them almost singlehandedly, which he did for a large part of the season. Went on a crazy goal-scoring spree... 3rd top scorer of the season, despite missing half of it. Liverpool will do well, and Spurs if they keep their players.

Yeah, McEachran had his first press conference too, hah. Bad times. He seems level-headed and not really the type to do a 'Carroll'... i.e. get ****ered all the time.

Can't wait for the season to start! Another Luiz volley would do me fine. :coma:
Does anyone know how serious Hernandez's injury/concussion is, and if he will miss the start of the season
I think he's out of the City match but should be available for the start of the season proper.
Reply 1392
He's out for a month isn't he?

Luckily I swapped him for Bent in my fantasy footy
No no, a couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the bench for the City match.....

In other news, 'Cosmos'' team for Scholes' testimonial. :coma:
Reply 1394
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14361962.stm

Sneijder
"There is always a chance something will happen but we will see"

"There is always speculation, every year. I have been at the highest level for 10 years and there is always speculation, but look, I am still here.

"I am happy to train every day with my colleagues and play my games for the fans and every one at the club and whatever happens after that, we will see."

Gasperini
"I appreciate there's been an offer, but it's with Inter the negotiations should take place," said Gasperini.

"I'm not necessarily worried, it's normal in this time to have this type of situation. The market is open to 31 August, and it will continue to happen until then.

"It's not just Inter, it's the same with other big clubs who have players that are object of desire for big clubs."

Latest Sneijder and Gasperini quotes, if anyone is still actually following it all. Both of them aren't exactly shooting down a possible move, and it's good to see Gasperini acknowledge a bid has been made.

The bolded bit is a little concerning though, it'd be much better to get any deal done before the season starts.
Getting bored of the wes rumours I wish the media would shut up about it, I no longer care about the signing it's annoying everyday you wake up and hear oh snejider this and that.

If he signs, he signs if he doesn't he doesn't, I'm very convinced we'll land our 20th title this season as far as I'm concerned there's no team in the league that can stop us, champions league is a different story, I don't believe we have a complete squad to compete with two certain teams..
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, I too am bored of this saga.
Original post by L18
He's out for a month isn't he?

Luckily I swapped him for Bent in my fantasy footy

Bent is a fantasy football beast. Always gets goals. Mr Reliable
Reply 1398
Valencia signed a new four year contract
Yeah, I too am bored of this saga.

If you offer 30 million to Barcelona with a buy back clause they will give you thiago.

Latest