The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
hey do u guys think i have a chance of getting into kings with predicted grades of AAC in physics, maths and chemistry:frown: for physics (F300)
Original post by swert
hey do u guys think i have a chance of getting into kings with predicted grades of AAC in physics, maths and chemistry:frown: for physics (F300)

You still have a decent chance. The standard offer for Kings is AAB so your predicted grades are only one grade below. I emailed Kings a few weeks ago and they said around 82% of applicants get an offer.
Reply 382
Original post by vedderfan94
You still have a decent chance. The standard offer for Kings is AAB so your predicted grades are only one grade below. I emailed Kings a few weeks ago and they said around 82% of applicants get an offer.

thats a rielf i have been sh**ing bricks about this...so thanks
Reply 383
Original post by mpc1
when did you apply?

application was processed on the 11th october
Anyone heard anything from UCL or KCL?

Have an offer from Warwick for Maths and Physics 4 years, and an interview at Imperial for Physics with Theoretical Physics on the 14th November... no word from UCL or KCL though, besides an acknowledgement email.

I think Christ's College start giving out rejections/interviews soon as well, it's all so exciting!

82%, is that based on last year?

and do you have similar stats from other unis?
Reply 386
Original post by PhysicsMan
No, I haven't even had an acknowledgement email from them yet either- and I applied for just the standard Physics (F300).

I haven't heard from Lancaster either - it's the only uni which I haven't recieved any aknowledgement from. Guess they must enjoy keeping us in the dark. :P
Original post by fuzzybear
82%, is that based on last year?

and do you have similar stats from other unis?

Yes from last year but it will probably be similar this year too. I have the applicant-to-offers ratios from some other unis too. Where are you applying?
Yes from last year but it will probably be similar this year too. I have the applicant-to-offers ratios from some other unis too. Where are you applying?

:awesome: do you have Durham or UCL?

ucl, bristol, southampton, sheffield
Original post by fuzzybear
ucl, bristol, southampton, sheffield

UCL - In 2011, 37% of applicants got an offer.

Sheffield - In 2011, 83% of applicants got an offer.

Southampton - If you meet the predicted grades of AAB, you are guaranteed an offer.

No info for Bristol.

All of this info is from the physics departments themselves.
Original post by matthew769
:awesome: do you have Durham or UCL?

Durham - In 2011, around 58% of applicants got an offer.

Sheffield - In 2011, 83% of applicants got an offer.

Southampton - If you meet the predicted grades of AAB, you are guaranteed an offer.

No info for Bristol.

wow ucl is really low :eek:, considering they told me you're practically going to get an offer if you're predicted the min requirements

Durham - In 2011, around 58% of applicants got an offer.

I will be included in this year's 37% and 58% (or thereabouts) :hmpf:
P.s. thank you kindly for the info :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

It actually says this?
Has anyone heard from Durham yet? Besides the initial acknowledgement, their silence is killing me!
Reply 396

Do you have Leicester, St Andrews or Manchester? (Preferably all three)

Original post by TenaciousMonkey
It actually says this?

I was told a very similar thing at their open day. I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was along the same lines and from the admissions tutor(s) as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
It actually says this?

I emailed Southampton and they said they made offers to all who were predicted AAB or higher, so I'd take that as being almost guaranteed. Plus a lot of us here seem to be predicted well above AAB so those applying to Southampton should certainly get an offer.
Original post by MinpoloD
Do you have Leicester, St Andrews or Manchester? (Preferably all three)

No info for St Andrews.

Leicester - Over 90% of applicants get an offer.

Manchester - Around 90% of applicants get an offer.
Reply 399
No info for St Andrews.

Leicester - Over 90% of applicants get an offer.

Manchester - Around 90% of applicants get an offer.

Thanks, did you email all the universities to get this data? Well done there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending