The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Birmingham are giving out offers now..my friend just got one!
Reply 581

Original post by E13
I'm going to the Physcis Scholarship at Southampton on Wed, and wondered if anytone knows how far Montefiore Halls are from the physics bit, coz apparently that's where I'll have to park, and I've lost the bus passes... Ulp!

How are you revising for it pal? And I cant remember, do we have a informal interview with the tutors - im getting mixed up with all my unis, with which require a small interview or not! ha
Original post by Phredd
Well done :smile:

I wonder why I haven't heard anything from them (not even an aknowledgement), but sent my applications 10 days earlier? :s-smilie:

Don't worry, I didn't even get an acknowledgement from them either- they just send the decision. It all takes time I suppose, there doesn't seem to be a lot of chronology to the admissions process- I'm sure you'll get the offer you want!
Original post by BlackPoison94
Birmingham are giving out offers now..my friend just got one!

Darn, now I'm even more tense- I really want an offer from Birmingham!
Original post by Phredd
Well done :smile:

I wonder why I haven't heard anything from them (not even an aknowledgement), but sent my applications 10 days earlier? :s-smilie:

Yea I'll agree with the fact that there doesn't seem to be any chronology to the admissions process - I received an acknowledgement from Manchester on Monday, and I got a letter the very next day inviting me for interview. Just because you are getting your offer later doesn't mean you won't get one so I wouldn't worry if I were you. :smile:
Original post by PhysicsMan
Darn, now I'm even more tense- I really want an offer from Birmingham!

Hey I'm applying to Birmingham too! is it your first choice? I never had a look around it so whats it like? I've heard its like Manchester?
Original post by DonWorryJockIsHere
Hey I'm applying to Birmingham too! is it your first choice? I never had a look around it so whats it like? I've heard its like Manchester?

It's between Nottingham and Birmingham for me as my firm I think. The campus is lovely in my opinion, really vibrant and generally quite "cosy"- but not too small and compacted; I suppose parts of it are like Manchester, but the Manchester campus is much bigger. As for the city itself, well I live here and I really like it- so all is good really! Good luck with your application!
Just got an offer from King's College London for AAB (to include Maths and Physics)
Reply 588
Original post by conorordan
Just got an offer from King's College London for AAB (to include Maths and Physics)

When did you apply?
Original post by conorordan

Congrats :smile:
Anyone took the Physics Olympiad today? :smile:
Reply 591
Just got an invitation for an interview at Lancaster on the 8th December XD (I applied for the 3 year Physics course)
Original post by Tora Shin
Just got an invitation for an interview at Lancaster on the 8th December XD (I applied for the 3 year Physics course)

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them, can I ask when your UCAS was sent off? :smile:
I got an invitation to a visit day at Bristol, but it says something on the information about a maths/physics test on the day. Slightly worried that they might catch me off guard a little cause I have no idea what might come up on it. :/
Just got a letter this morning from the University of Birmingham School of Physics and Astronomy stating:

"On the basis of your UCAS application I am pleased to confirm that we will be recommending that the University make you an offer, and an official letter from the Academic Office will follow shortly... The full details of the offer will be detailed to you by UCAS"

I'm guessing this means I have an offer from Birmingham too now! Yes, I'm on a roll! :biggrin:
Reply 595
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them, can I ask when your UCAS was sent off? :smile:

Thanksss XD It was around the 13th October
Plus it came by post not email so keep checking :wink:
Original post by Brutal Chav
Anyone took the Physics Olympiad today? :smile:

I did... are we allowed to talk about it, or are there still people taking it?
Just got an offer from Sussex: BB including Physics and one of Chemistry or Further Maths

:biggrin:
Original post by Tora Shin

Me too! Got it on the same day :biggrin: only I applied for the 4 year course hehe.
Reply 599
Original post by PhysicsMan
Just got a letter this morning from the University of Birmingham School of Physics and Astronomy stating:

"On the basis of your UCAS application I am pleased to confirm that we will be recommending that the University make you an offer, and an official letter from the Academic Office will follow shortly... The full details of the offer will be detailed to you by UCAS"

I'm guessing this means I have an offer from Birmingham too now! Yes, I'm on a roll! :biggrin:

What course did you apply for and when did you send it off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending